We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Subreport not showing the same output if called by main report

panto

Hi all guys,

I have this main report (A4 portrait with a mono-record select) with some subreports. Please pay attention to the one with the red border
report(2).png.add38043a257caadf83aa03ff1997455.png

Here's a quick view of the subreport in the editor and a simple preview. Please note that results are displayed in 2 columns (correctly):
subreport.png.c8ea01fc6070b14490ed6495043c8244.png

When I run my main report, the output is something like this:
risultato.png.47121e3c06d7cbd35145b5293a77d1bc.png
As you can see, the result of my subreport is shown on just one column; and if  the subreport had more results, I wouldd obtain just a longer column which would hide the barcode below in the "third" section of the main report.

Am I missing something? Why does the subreport show a one-column result if I call it from the main report instead of the 2 column result I get running by itself?

PS: I'm using iReport 1.2.6 (I know it's old but i HAVE to)

Thanks in advance

Fabio

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi Fabio,

This probably isn't your answer, and I'm completely new to iReport, but I had a similar issue where I changed a subreport, but the changes didn't show up in the main report.  Turned out the SUBREPORT_DIR parameter was pointing to an old location and so it wasn't picking up my changes.  It was looking at an older version in a different directory.

As I said, this is probably not your issue, but I figured it was worth posting anyway ... just in case.

Cheers and good luck,

Jennifer