We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

MissingMethodException in Crosstabs

ravenheart
Go to solution Solved by lucianc,

Hi,

After building a new report in Jaspersoft Studio 5.2, which works perfectly, I'm finding it get a bunch of exceptions thrown once it's been uploaded to JasperServer. 

The report contains a series of CrossTab elements, and several of the TextField boxes contain methods such as DateFormat(), Date(), and Concatenate(), mainly used to display certain values in the required way for users.

All of these throw MissingMethodException on JasperServer, usually stating that the method accepts parameters of certain types, then giving an example of the values it's received, which are of course of the type it claims to require.

Here's an example: 

groovy.lang.MissingMethodException: No signature of method: Daily32Detailed32Marketing_CROSSTAB2_1373458176594_741565.DATE() is applicable for argument types: (java.lang.Integer, java.lang.Integer, java.lang.Integer) values: [2013, 5, 1] Possible solutions: wait(), any(), dump(), find(), grep()

Is the problem some kind of incompatibility between groovy methods and java data types? Or something classpath related on JasperServer?

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Solution

DATE() is an expression function, which is a feature introduced in 5.2.  But as far as I can see JasperServer 5.2 has not yet been released.

Until that happens you might need to restrict the use of expression functions in your reports.

Regards,

Lucian

Hi Lucian, thanks for the reply. Does that also apply to things like CONCATENATE() and IF(), etc. I'm getting the same errors for those now that I've removed all uses of DATE() and DATE_FORMAT().

It's making my report look quite ugly, to be honest, because I can't format things how I want them (without breaking the ordering), but hopefully it'll be fixed in JasperServer 5.2.