We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Adding filter in adhoc report created from domain throws error

patelnikita
Go to solution Solved by patelnikita,

Hi,

I am using Jasperserver Pro 4.7.0, with MySQL DB.

I have created a domain, from which I created a topic. When using this topic in the Adhoc Designer to create a new report, and on trying to add a filter (Note: this column had null values for all the records in the DB), I get this error for some of the fields:

2013-02-27 21:08:34,475 ERROR AdhocAjaxController,catalina-exec-14:1362 - Fatal exception caught when adding filter to state

java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException

It seemed to be occuring when the SQL (to show filter data) returned one record with a value of null (instead of 0 records)

This column is of type TEXT.

I would greatly appreciate it if anyone can give me any pointers in case they have seen this issue before.

Thanks,

Nikita

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Nikita,

I tried the same in v5.0, seems no problem to select empty TEXT field as filter. Since you are playing with AdHocs, assume it's Professional edition, you can contact support or sales, guys will be able to help you. Attaching screenshot will be helpful also.

Enjoy AdHoc filters!

Olga

• Solution

Hi Olga, 

Thanks for your response. 

I tried support, but was researching in parallel. I finally found the issue. 

Although Jasper does validation while using the Domain Designer, it did not do the same for spaces and hyphens when a Domain XML was uploaded. These characters in the "id" attribute was causing this issue. Once I replaced them with _, I did not have the issue. 

Thanks, 

Nikita