We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

How to use the test databases packaged with Jasper Server?

baseballstorm50
Go to solution Solved by dbooth,

Hi, I am new to JasperReports software, and I have downloaded the new JasperServer 5.0.0 Community Edition for my 64-bit Windows machine. I am attempting to learn how to use the iReports Designer that came included with the JasperServer package. I have been trying to follow the instructions included on this page:

http://community.jaspersoft.com/wiki/basic-report-creation

However, I am having issues on the "Define Data Source" section. I am attempting to connect to the sample "food mart" database. Here is a screenshot of my action:

iReport1.PNG.21ccf917d4ffedecff9c947668b699e6.PNG

When I click test I get prompted to type in the password again:

iReport2-password.PNG.4126cf6a24a710bfbfc60941bfb9333e.PNG

So, I type "jasperdb" and then an error window pops up that says the authentification failed:

iReport3-exception.PNG.2bb27b5fdba311776493195db005e7ea.PNG

I believe that this database should be working, because when I log into my local JasperServer through my browser, I can see Analysis Components > Analysis Data Sources > Foodmart Data Source (which has "type" JDSB Data Source), and all of the information is the same

• Name - Foodmart Data Source
  • Driver - org.postgresql.Driver
  • URL - jdbc:postgresql://127.0.0.1:5432/foodmart
  • name - jasperdb
  • password - jasperdb

Does anyone have any insight into why I am having this issue? Do you have any advice/suggestions on how I can test iReport Designer using the sample "Foodmart" database? 

Thanks!

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Solution

Try the credentials (userid / password):   jasperdb / password    instead of: jasperdb / jasperdb.

You can see this if you log into JasperReports Server, select View -> Search Results, under All types, select More choices, select Data sources.  Right mouse click on Foodmart Data Source and select Test Connection.  You'll get a Connection passed msg.  If you change the password to: jasperdb and reselect the Test Connection button, you'll get a Connection failed msg.  Change the password back to: password, and the Test Connection will pass again.

In addition, if you select the Save password check box in iReport, then you'll not get the Password pop-up window.

• 3 weeks later...