We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

JasperServer not refreshing data on change in Database

uzi.vyper

Jasper Server is not refreshing the data on change in database for both OLAP and ADHOC  View. The result remains the same even if the data in the database is changed.The schema needs to be reloaded in order to refresh the new changes.Can you please help me a way out in which I dont need to update schema again and again.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont think so that the issue is with the database connection because when i flush the OLAP cache from the server setting the the changes are being reflected although I have already disabled the cache option.Are there any specific settings for Jasperserver enviroment as I am just configuring the datasource with the connection url?

• 5 months later...

I come accross the same problem as uzi when creating adhoc reports. When the data are changed in the database, this appears late on the reports.

I had no problem for the last 10 months and now it is getting more and more time before I can get the proper results when creating new adhoc reports. I had first 5 mn delays and it is getting worse, now I have to wait more than an hour before I can create a report and have the updated data.

I guess there is a kind of cache that is used until the database is contacted again for fresh data. Maybe there is something wrong when requesting the database.

I investigated on the server side but could not find anything strange.

Any help about how this part of the software works will be appreciated.

• 3 years later...

Sorry for the bump, but for the record:

Solution for earlier versions: http://community.jaspersoft.com/wiki/how-modify-caching-values-if-your-data-does-not-update-constantly

Solution for version 6.3:
Edit C:Jaspersoftjasperreports-server-6.3.0apache-tomcatwebappsjasperserver-proWEB-INFadhoc-ehcache.xml line 26:
timeToLiveSeconds="5400",
where "5400" is the default seconds for cached items (i.e. the data source content). Decrease this timeout value.

• 1 year later...