We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Parameter with default returing all values

niels.cadee

Hi,

I'm using iReport 4.5.0 Community Edition with language set to Groovy and have trouble defining a parameter. The basic thing is that I want to build a default option 'All values' into a parameter and cannot find a way to do it.

I have a field HospitalType with values 1 (Central), 2 (Region) and 3 (Local) and some missing values. I want to have a parameter with the options Central, Region, Local and a default value All that includes all three levels. In the last case I'm asking for a range of values and that's where the problem begins. I tried using some tips I found on technical blogs and here but I'm not getting any further.

In my Report SQL query I included WHERE $X{IN, HospitalType, TypeParameter}

For my parameter TypeParameter I tried Parameter Class: java.util.List and Default Value Expression: java.util.Arrays.asList(NULL,1,2,3) but then I get an error when reading the fields in the Report query: 

Error in method invocation: Static method asList(null,int,int,int) not found in class 'java.util.Arrays'

Is this the right way to do it, where is the problem? 

Many thanks in advance for any help and suggestions.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I wish I had more time to really spell this out but I think I can give you pointers to look in the right direction.  The parameter is of class Collection with a default value of %.

My report query has this: WHERE

$X{IN, vw_TimeTracker_Oppt.`OppType`, OpptTypeSelect}

Then on the jasperserver I make two controls, one is of type query that defines the holds your actual database query: For example there's this one that shows me all but a few that I don't want to have in a selection.  

SELECT DISTINCT opportunity_type FROM sugarcrm_prod.`opportunities` WHERE NOT ISNull(opportunity_type) AND opportunity_type NOT IN('Existing Business','New Business','Program','Series','Single') ORDER BY opportunity_type

Then you create another control where the type is something like Multi-select query (check box or radio button) then select the query control for the query resource.  On the value and visible columns I select the opportunity type from the above query.

So, I think that adds info on how to present end users with a choice as well as how to limit your return values.

I guess I did have time to explain it :)

Jerry