Cost      Lunch      2513.695121
Invitees  Breakfast  17.200000
Invitees  Dinner     44.555762
Invitees  Lunch      19.217391
Programs  Breakfast  123.000000
Programs  Dinner     1444.000000
Programs  Lunch      580.000000

The three Data Details used for Multi-Axis chart:

Series Expression= "Cost"  , Category expression = $F(prog_type), Value expression = $F(amount)
Series Expression="Invitees", Category expression= $F(prog_type), Value expression = $F(amount)
Series Expression="Programs", Category expression= $F(prog_type), Value expression = $F(amount)

I have used this link as a model for creating this report http://www.jaspersoft.com/creating-multi-axis-charts-ireport

The above data is the result of a query I am trying to create a multi-axis report in iREPORTS.  When I use the first column name "Cat1" for the Series Expression, I am able to create a line chart with 3 lines (Cost, Invitees, Programs) with the right data.  Everything is Great, numbers on the Y-Axis and (Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch) on the X-Axis.  But, when I try to do like the example for multi-axis chart and add three individual Data Detail Series Expressions as outlined above, one for each of the unique values in Cat1 I only get the data for Invitees for all three lines.  So it looks like a single line.  Is the data in the right format?  What else do I need to define?  What have I missed?

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you Ernestoo for your response.  This has been a nagging problem, I am sure it is a simple answer.  I have not considered evaluation times.  I have put the Multi-Axis chart in the Title and Summary Bands and get he same result.  When I put it in the Detail Band I get two the same chart multiple times.

Acccording to the uptimate guide, the syntax looks like,

1) So, your suggestion is to put the chart in DETAIL and change the Evaluation to REPORT ?

2) Is there a particular place to put the code?  Or is there an option on a properties somewhere? 

3) Can you please verify the my understanding of how my data is structured and my use of the series expression, category expression and value expression are correct? 

Thank you!