Changes to the Jaspersoft community edition download ×

The statement did not return a result set

Portlight

using mssql 2008

I have a stored procedure which i am using to build a report.

The procedure works within the query analyzer, is returns the expected data, however when I use this query in a iReport - and try to run the report i get the following error:

Caused by: com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerException: The statement did not return a result set.      at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerException.makeFromDriverError(SQLServerException.java:170)      at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerPreparedStatement.doExecutePreparedStatement(SQLServerPreparedStatement.java:392)      at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerPreparedStatement$PrepStmtExecCmd.doExecute(SQLServerPreparedStatement.java:338)      at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.TDSCommand.execute(IOBuffer.java:4026)      at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerConnection.executeCommand(SQLServerConnection.java:1416)      at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerStatement.executeCommand(SQLServerStatement.java:185)      at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerStatement.executeStatement(SQLServerStatement.java:160)      at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerPreparedStatement.executeQuery(SQLServerPreparedStatement.java:281)      at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.query.JRJdbcQueryExecuter.createDatasource(JRJdbcQueryExecuter.java:222)      ... 11 more

I have set NOCOUNT ON;

In the stored procedure - any ideas

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 9 years later...