We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Data Adapter Settings Not Saved

kwpsd

I installed Studio 1.0.0 and am having difficulty setting up the connection. From the Resposity pane, I drilled down to the DataAdapter wizard:

Adapter --> Create DataAdapter --> Database JDBC Connection --> DataAdapter Wizard

I give the Data Adapter a name and select PostgreSQL for the JDBC Driver. For the JDBC URL, I entered the following:

jdbc:postgresql://localhost:5432/arm_data

I completed the Username and Password fields and set the JAR file path. When I click the 'Test' button, the 'Success' window pops up. But, when I click the 'Finish' button, the settings do not get saved. That is, when I edit the newly created Data Adapter, it's has all the default settings, and the ones I entered are gone.

Is this a bug, or am I missing something?

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi, Veaceslav.

The only log file I could find was in:

C:\User\JaspersoftWorkspace\.metadata

so, I hope this is the one you wanted (attached).

I tried to launch Studio today, and it hung resulting in error screen which I captured (attached).

Just to let you know, my PostgreSQL is not a stand-alone installation. I am using a product called Servoy Developer that starts its own PostreSQL database engine (and stops PostgreSQL when it closes).

When I was trying to set up Studio, Servoy Developer was running so that I could copy the URL strings from Servoy to Studio. Perhaps, Studio and Servoy cannot connect to PostgreSQL at the same time which is why Studio would not save the connection settings even though the connection 'Test' was successful?

I appreciate your assistance on this matter!

Hi,

Is there any news on this issue. I have the same problem.
I would love to try this software, but I can not create a working data connector.

Every time I save the dataconnector settings, the jdbc url  goes back

to : jdbc:oracle:thin:@MYSERVER:1521:MYDATABASEurl in some config file ??

Is there a workaround ? like setting the jdbc url in some configuration file ?

Regards,

Hans Nieuwenhuis

Post Edited by jhmnieuwenhuis at 07/25/2011 09:41

Post Edited by jhmnieuwenhuis at 07/25/2011 09:41

Hans, that is correct.

However the JDBC Url entry field is actually editable so if and when you edit it directly and leave the Server Address blank you can Test the connection successfully and save it but on reopening the connection the JDBC Url field has changed back to MYSERVER.

This should be fixed so that either:

a) You cannot edit the JDBC Url field directly, or

b) On editing the JDBC Url field directly the server and database info should be parsed from that entry and the individual server and database fields are popuplated so that saving the connection details retains the entry