We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Call another report after the first report has finished

simie

Hi All,

I am relatively new to iReports...

Is it possible to call another iReport after the first report has finished, within the first report?

We can do it via a sub-report but that ruins the margins as both report are A4 reports. They are seperate reports rather than a "sub" report.

Thanks,

Simie /tools/fckeditor/editor/images/smiley/msn/wink_smile.gif

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

svenn
Wrote:

Do you want both reports merged into one file or two seporate files?

I don't mind, but probably two seperate files because we my want to print them seperately and sometimes together.

I guess it will be easier to maintian/change with two files rather than cloning the report.

Although, it would be useful to know how to do it both ways. /tools/fckeditor/editor/images/smiley/msn/tounge_smile.gif

Thanks,

Simie

It messed the margins up because both reports have margins. So the sub-report would come out with the main reports margin plus the sub-reports margins.

Normally, you would cut off the margins in the sub-report to fit the main - but in this case we have two seperate reports. Its not truly a sub-report by definition.

I have found a way round the margin problem by putting the sub-report component outside the margins at the top of the page.

But it would be good to know how to call another report other than a sub-report component.

mar_ass
Wrote:

Subreports might be set to be generated on new pages each (use groups for instance).

How would one do this?

Thanks,

Simie