"PDF font name is now deprecated.." why?? !!!!!

how can i embedded my font is the report?, i'm developping web application that use JasperReport, and i need to embed the font

salim's picture

3 Answers:

Use Font Extensions. They are in the docs and you'll find posts about them in the iReport and JasperReports forums. I also wrote an article about them because they're very helpful but not widely used. You may find it helpful:

http://mdahlman.wordpress.com/2010/05/28/jaspersoft-v3-7-font-extensions/

Regards,
Matt

mdahlman's picture
10x Matt, ur topic helps me, specialy i'm working in arabic fonts, but the question is : font extensions solve the problem of embedding a font , wich that font have restriction of embedding with a report, specialy when i call reports (.Jasper extension) from MVC application(JSP) i got a message "font cannot be emdedded due to license restriction..." something like that
salim's picture

Salim,

The error is pretty clear: simpfxo.ttf cannot be embedded due to licensing restrictions

I don't know the details about how iText "knows" the font cannot be embedded... but clearly it knows that Microsoft does not allow embedding of this font. You'll need to use a different font if you want to embed it.

Regards,
Matt

mdahlman's picture
Feedback
randomness