We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Update on FreeBSD Port of JasperServer

jgh

I am working on my final tweaks of JasperServer version 3.5.0, as this is the latest zip that includes:

jasperserver/

jasperserver-repo/

apache-ant/

Any release source at the very minimum should have these components to build cleanly, and would appreciate any posted source zip to include these sources. I would like to build the application using only the source for the application and any tools associated with building it.

That being said, I have dropped the support for postgresql in the port due to source release differences, but would happily re-establish this if there was a requirement that could be met.

Under "jasperserver-3.5.0-src/jasperserver/scripts" there is a mysql and postgresql folder. The mysql folder has all of the necessary parts for creating the database and loading in the proper default credentials without running any targets which is a great design to support FreeBSD. Unfortunately, The postgresql folder has nothing in it.

To bring back support for postgresql, and I would really like to do that, I would need for similar files to be there. 

Currently in the port, I am copying out  "jasperserverCreate-mysql.ddl" and "jasperserverCreateDefaultSecurity-mysql.sql" and including a message about these files for mysql, and would like to do the same for posgresql.

Do you think this could be put in the source?

Regarding building for 3.7.0, it was missing apache-ant so I am not going to build for that version, unless the source zip file has been fixed. If and wnd when it is fixed, I can then build for that version.

Once I have completed the port, I will attach it to this thread, or possibly a JasperForge project :)

Thanks so much for your help and attention!

Jason

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I've added another update to the port while waiting on the source update to get the port to 3.7.1 or later:

Added configurable option for session-timeout for the application.

As it is now, this needs to be edited by hand in web.xml, but this would remove that

need. The default is the vendor supplied value.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi. I was wondering if you have any update on a release of the source code for 3.7.1, with the modifications I was requesting above?

This port is really close to be committed to FreeBSD, and it would be great to support more than just mysql.

Thanks!

Jason

• 2 weeks later...

Is there any way of including all source code that would be required to build in the source code distribution?

I ran into an issue where something was corrupted in the maven repository, however if all of the maven source code dependencies were released in the source code of the jasperserver source, itself, there would be no build dependency outside of the code itself, and no need to download anything during the build.

Please see this thread for what I am referring to:

http://jasperforge.org/plugins/espforum/view.php?group_id=112&forumid=102&topicid=80489

The added benefit of including all of the source in the distributed source code is that it could be built in FreeBSD's PointyHat infrastructure, and with this it could be distributed as a downloadable package for all FreeBSD users. The fact that it isn't this way now it would not be allowed to be built in PointyHat, but it would be allowed in the portstree.

• 2 months later...