We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Download JRXML file from Jasper Server

sivakumar_saas

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It is not possible to directly download the JRXML file for a rpeort unit. However , if you export the resources , you can get the JRXML file too ..or

You can open the report unit in iReport [ using Jasperserver Plugin ] and save the JRXML file ..

Ramnik Kaur

Senior QA Engineer

1st way :-

Steps:-

- Open iReport designer

- Open the window Jasperserver Plugin

- Eneter the properties of jasperserver [ ur jasperserver and login information ]

- in the jasperserver repository browser , select the report you want to open

- and right click and select -> open in editor

- from here , click save , and you will be able to save the report as JRXML

screen shot attached

2nd way:-

- export the jasperreport unit using the Buildomatic command -> js-ant export -DexportFile = "filename.zip" -DexportArgs="--uris /organizations/organization_1/reports/etcetc"

in the exported report unit , open the resources folder and you can find out the JRXML file for the rpeort .under files folder

Ramnik Kaur

Senior QA Engineer

Since this is adhoc report , you should try to run it as report unit and not only the JRXML. Because there will be other resources refrenced by this report . and basically , since this is domain report , i think prefrered way is to run it  as repot unit and not just as JRXML

- you can run this report unit by right clicking in Jasperserver Plugin and click run report unit

Ramnik Kaur

Senior QA Engineer

As far as i know , we cannot run just the JRXML for domain report]  directlly from the iReport . Even , i tried myself and i got error . It is not supported way. However, abt embedding the JRXML in ur application ..i may not be right person to answer ..

Ramnik Kaur

Senior QA Engineer

• 2 months later...