Fuzzy behavior of report paging.

xtrbusek

I have observed strange behavior of Jarperreports during report pagination. I have attached source files DAPF_All.zip which demonstrates this issue.

There is short description of situation when strange pagination occurs:

I have created using iReport new report DAPF_All.jrxml with subreport DAPF_All_Audio.jrxml. Note that page length is shorter than detail section. But keep in mind, that nearly all report items have print expression, so there will be lot of them which will not be printed. After pdf export to DAPF_All.pdf with set Ignore pagination attribute (in iReport) to false the pagination of exported pdf was totally unpredictable. With Ignore pagination attribute set to true the whole document is exported correctly.

I have created second report DAPF_All_NoFrames.jrxml where frames were not used, but the pagination behavior was also strange (See DAPF_All_NoFrames.pdf).

As source file for XML datasource can be used DAPF_All.xml.

I observed this strange pagination behavior using jasperreport 3.5.3, 3.6.0 and also 3.6.1.

Is this known pagination issue?

Is known any workaround of this pagination issue?

Can someone propose me some solution for this pagination issue?

Thanks a lot.

Post Edited by xtrbusek at 11/24/2009 09:03

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi,

You are using a huge detail band. This is why you have this problem and this is why we have introduced support for multi-band detail section.

I see that your detail section content is actually made of very distinct subsections, because you used some gray headings.

You just need to isolate each of these distinct portions of content into separate <band> tags that make up the detail section of the report.

Multi band section support is available since JR 3.5.2.

I hope this helps.

Teodor

I have redesigned report using separate bands and generated report now looks much better. There are still small gaps at the end of several pages, but main win is that all sections are tightened together. I think that this behavior is acceptable for me and I wish to thank to theodord for useful hint. I attached current report output pdf file DAPF_All_20091124.pdf.