We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

FAIL - Application at context path /jasperserver

rajaobj

Hi ,

I have installed Jasper3.1 and configured the jasper server with inbuilt tomcat 1.6.I started creating a report in ireport.After some time i restarted the system,after that i am not able to start the jasper server inside tomcat manager.I am getting the following error

"FAIL - Application at context path /jasperserver could not be started"

when i click start in tomcat application list,the application is not getting started.Any comments on this

Regards,

Raja

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Atlast i have solved this issue.

I have Installed jasper server 3.1 and have not included the bundled tomcat installation.Already i have installed tomcat 1.6.But in case if you are not using the bundled Tomcat,you need to run the below script to start jasper server.

From Command Line:

Windows:-

Go to  cd <js-install>/bin

/allclt.bat start [stop]

So it is working right now....

Yes, the mysql DB (which the installer installs if you request it) needs to be started before the App Server. When JasperServer starts up, it wants to connect to the database and fails if no database is available.

Also, since you are running on Windows, there is a Menu Item to start JasperServer. In your case, it will only startup the DB (since you have your own Tomcat).

The menu is Start > All Programs > JasperServer 3.5.0 > JasperServer Management > Start JasperServer

If you look at the properties you see it runs <js-install-path>/bin/allctl.bat  ;-)

-Tony