We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Alignment of elements when using many subreports

ronyjg

Hi,

I am trying to design a report which pulls in data from Custom Java Beans. The hierarchy followed is - One main report which has 2 subreports in it, each subreport in turn has around 2 or 3 subreports inside it for displaying data based on inner iterations within the main list object.

I took hints from many forums online and have managed to deign my template such that all required fields passed through the main Javabean datasource are displayed. Now I am stuck with some major alignment issues.

1. I have tried to float almost every element within all main and subreport pages that makes sense to be positioned dynamic, relative to the stretching from neighbouring elements. But how ever I try, data just seems to be over-lapping each other at many points, and sometimes, not displayed.

2. Even though I remove all the extra vertical spacings from all rows between 2 or more subreports when placed in the main report, somehow, large spaces appear between the rows of the 2 subreports so that the entire alignment looks really messed up.

3. Even though I try to float rectangular borders based on the band height or the tallest object, the tables are displayed in a very messy fashion and sometimes, the rectangle gets displayed on one page filling space at the bottom and the data which was supposed to be inside this rectangle gets displayed in the next page. Sometimes, increasing the height of the page and detail band makes all the elements in the detail band appear twice in the report, next pages to each other.

In short, having followed the guidelines for creating Jasper Reports using iReport, I have managed to get all the data in the page using the concept of iterations using subreports, but am struggling very hard when it comes to fixing up the alignment in the pages.

I can share over any of the dummy code or .jrxmls I am using. It would be really great if someone could help me get these alignment issues fixed so that my template can be finalized.

Thanks & regards,

Rony

Post Edited by Rony George at 01/05/09 22:33

Code:
Sample code is attached...

Post Edited by Rony George at 01/05/09 22:34

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic