We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

start with new page in group

chittora

Hi all ,

I am facing a problem with jasper report, i want to display my sub report from a new page after the detail section of the main report ; my sub report is in footer of this group and i am not using the header, i tried with "start on new page"  but it is not working , i am using ireport 0.35 version , i know its a very old version but cant help as my complete project is using this version.

do let me know how to acheive this functionality

Thanks in advance

Regards,

chittora

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If your groupexpression doesn't change you won't get a pagebreak. So if you just have a dummygroup without an expression you won't get a pagebreak. :-(

So you should try to use a groupexpression that changes (try to play around with some variables) or try to use the Summary band instead of groupfooter and set the "StartSummaryAtNewPage" attribute.

In newer versions there is a PageBreak element, but as you can't update you can't use it.

hth

C-Box

I have a better solution for you...

just set the attribute "StartTitleAtNewPage" within your SubReport (report properties) to true (if possible and the title isn't use till now) and set the titleband to 1 pixel (not sure if zero bands are evaluated at all).

This should work in your (very) old version too. :-)

hth

C-Box

• 7 years later...