We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

partial text bold in jasper reports 3.0

ioniyer

Hi All,

We are using jasper reports 3.0.0.The pdf content has text of which one word in the whole text has to be bold.

I have set the markup = html and suffix and prefix the word that I want to appear in bold with <b> somestring </b> but it seems to have no effect.Can you please let me know how to achieve this using jasper 3.0.0

Also, isn't the isStyledText deprecated in jasper 3.0

Regards,

Mani

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Me too" - We have had exactly the same issue. Jasper seems to correctly convert the text to styled format in its 'raw' store, then ignores this during pdf output.

I solved it by abandoning html, turning on isStyledText and using " <style pdfFontName="helvetica-bold" isBold="true">bold text</style> " within the text (or whatever the bold version of your font is called).

Post Edited by Steve Rendell at 01/15/09 13:26

This is not feasible as for bold PDF output the whole text would be bold and not just the one enclosed within the <b> tag.

So you should convert your html tags to original JasperStyleTags and use the PDF Font tag for that:

<style isBold="true" isItalic="true" isUnderline="true" pdfFontName="Helvetica-BoldOblique">

hth

C-Box