We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Connecting to SQL Server

fmorz

Hi all,

I'm evaluating iReport to replace our Crystal Report base. The first contact is not very convicing :-) because I can't connect to a Microsoft SQL Server.

If I use the included JDBC driver, it don't work at all (!).

I then use net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.Driver it is ok into the services box (menu Window/services then Databases/Drivers). iReport show me the connection is ok. Nice. I can then right-click on the connection and execute a select and see the result. No problem here.

Then I try to create a new report. I'm asked to create a datasource. I then fill the same parameters as before but I get "java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.Driver"

note: to install jtds I right-clicked on Databases/Drivers to select "New Driver...". Maybe the driver jtds-1.2.2.jar have to manually be copied somewhere ?

Anyone know how to make this work ?

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The path for the driver would be

C:Program FilesJasperSoftYour iReport versionlib

I have used jtds-1.1.jar to connect to SQL Server 2000 and 2005 databases and it works for me.

Hope this helps!

Many Thanks for your answer.

I don't understand where to put this damn file because inside the "lib" directory don't work. I then copied the file to EVERY directories and this work :-)

The next step is to remove the file from one directory and test, then another directory, etc.

• 4 months later...

Sorry for the cross post (http://jasperforge.org/plugins/espforum/view.php?group_id=102&forumid=103&topicid=45718&res=41), but both are relevant:

How do I set JTDS on the classpath when I use it as a NetBeans [6.5] plugin? I tried in C:Program FilesNetBeans 6.5ireportlibs and C:Program FilesNetBeans 6.5ireportmodulesext. I noticed both JARs' manifests contain specific JAR locations in them. Should alter alter the manifest in the JAR?