We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

net.sf.jasperreports.engine.JRException: com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.io.MalformedByteSequenceException

bruessermann

Hello,

I made a definition of a Report using iReport 3.1. After saving and restarting IReport the designer gives in Error Message and don't show anything.

My XML-Reportdefinitions are in the attachment 1.

Thanks in advance for your help.

The Error message is:

Error loading the report template

net.sf.jasperreports.engine.JRException: com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.io.MalformedByteSequenceException: Invalid byte 2 of 3-byte UTF-8 sequence.
Level:
    SEVERE
Stack Trace:
com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.io.MalformedByteSequenceException: Invalid byte 2 of 3-byte UTF-8 sequence.
    net.sf.jasperreports.engine.xml.JRXmlLoader.loadXML(JRXmlLoader.java:247)
    net.sf.jasperreports.engine.xml.JRXmlLoader.loadXML(JRXmlLoader.java:226)
    com.jaspersoft.ireport.designer.JrxmlLoader.reloadJasperDesign(JrxmlLoader.java:85)
    com.jaspersoft.ireport.designer.JrxmlVisualView.run(JrxmlVisualView.java:485)
    org.openide.util.RequestProcessor$Task.run(RequestProcessor.java:561)
    org.openide.util.RequestProcessor$Processor.run(RequestProcessor.java:986)
Invalid byte 2 of 3-byte UTF-8 sequence.
    com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.io.UTF8Reader.invalidByte(UTF8Reader.java:674)
    com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.io.UTF8Reader.read(UTF8Reader.java:398)
    com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLEntityScanner.load(XMLEntityScanner.java:1742)
    com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLEntityScanner.scanData(XMLEntityScanner.java:1242)
    com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanCDATASection(XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.java:1644)
    com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl$FragmentContentDriver.next(XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.java:2970)
    com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentScannerImpl.next(XMLDocumentScannerImpl.java:645)
    com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanDocument(XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.java:508)
    com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(XML11Configuration.java:807)
    com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(XML11Configuration.java:737)
    com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XMLParser.parse(XMLParser.java:107)
    com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.parse(AbstractSAXParser.java:1205)
    com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.jaxp.SAXParserImpl$JAXPSAXParser.parse(SAXParserImpl.java:522)
    org.apache.commons.digester.Digester.parse(Digester.java:1647)
    net.sf.jasperreports.engine.xml.JRXmlLoader.loadXML(JRXmlLoader.java:239)
    net.sf.jasperreports.engine.xml.JRXmlLoader.loadXML(JRXmlLoader.java:226)
    com.jaspersoft.ireport.designer.JrxmlLoader.reloadJasperDesign(JrxmlLoader.java:85)
    com.jaspersoft.ireport.designer.JrxmlVisualView.run(JrxmlVisualView.java:485)
    org.openide.util.RequestProcessor$Task.run(RequestProcessor.java:561)
    org.openide.util.RequestProcessor$Processor.run(RequestProcessor.java:986)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are some lines missing at the top of the jrxml that you attached. A test report that I constructed using IReport 3.1.0 nb has these lines at the very top of the page:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"  ?>
<!-- Created with iReport - A designer for JasperReports -->
<!DOCTYPE jasperReport PUBLIC "//JasperReports//DTD Report Design//EN" "http://jasperreports.sourceforge.net/dtds/jasperreport.dtd">

If these are really not in the jrxml adding them might fix your problem.

Hope that this helps.

• 3 months later...

Hi

I have equal problem and tried add the lines to jrxml, but the problem persist.

All my  files in 3.1.2 have this problem. My header is

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!-- Created with iReport - A designer for JasperReports -->
<!DOCTYPE jasperReport PUBLIC "//JasperReports//DTD Report Design//EN" "http://jasperreports.sourceforge.net/dtds/jasperreport.dtd">
<jasperReport xmlns="http://jasperreports.sourceforge.net/jasperreports" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:schemaLocation="http://jasperreports.sourceforge.net/jasperreports http://jasperreports.sourceforge.net/xsd/jasperreport.xsd" name="FacCobrar" pageWidth="595" pageHeight="842" whenNoDataType="AllSectionsNoDetail" columnWidth="555" leftMargin="20" rightMargin="20" topMargin="20" bottomMargin="20">
 <parameter name="PV_ID_FACTURA" class="java.math.BigDecimal">
  <parameterDescription><![CDATA[Numero de Factura que se esta generando]]></parameterDescription>
  <defaultValueExpression><![CDATA[6200811]]></defaultValueExpression>
 </parameter>
 <queryString> 

Other people have already got this trouble. One of them said that the trouble could be fixed by adding the plugin "XML and Schema". I did it and that fixed my problem.

Do a search on this forum with "UTF-8" and I think you will retreave all the threads about that.

With the next release (iReport NB 3.1.2) I get a similar problem but the fix seems not to work. For the moment, I consider this new release as unusable.

iReport: 3.1.2 The same problem was solved adding parameter -Dfile.encoding=UTF-8 to the VM.

To add parameter edit etc/ireport.conf, modify 'default_options' parameter it should look like this:

default_options="-J-Dfile.encoding=UTF-8 -J-Xms24m -J-Xmx64m"

Post Edited by Vitaly Rudensky at 12/15/08 08:13

• 1 month later...

vetal
Wrote:

iReport: 3.1.2 The same problem was solved adding parameter -Dfile.encoding=UTF-8 to the VM.

To add parameter edit etc/ireport.conf, modify 'default_options' parameter it should look like this:

default_options="-J-Dfile.encoding=UTF-8 -J-Xms24m -J-Xmx64m"

Post Edited by Vitaly Rudensky at 12/15/08 08:13

Yes, it works well for iReport 3.1.3 too.