We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

JasperServer on IBM AS400/iSeries

clabozzetta

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We are using jasperserver on a ms-windows machine, but our database is on a ibm i5 (db2). We use jdbc to connect to the iSeries. to install jasperserver on the iSeries directly, i have to setup an webserver on the i5, and its easier for me to to this on a windows machine. So, why to put both, JS and database on the same machine??

btw, Jasperserver is great!

A.Hingerl

Sounds interesting. I have a prospect who is looking to install and set up JasperServer on Websphere and DB2, but are using AS400 OS.   Jaspersoft doesn't certify AS400, and the prospect was having some trouble.

Do you know if Jasperserver will connect to AS400 if you had the WAR file from Jaspersoft?

-Chris

Sounds interesting. I have a prospect who is looking to install and set up JasperServer on Websphere and DB2, but are using AS400 OS. 

Do you know if JasperServer can run on AS400 directly, if you had the WAR file from Jaspersoft?  If yes, are there any special drivers needed from IBM to make this work?  Can you detail your method for connecting to AS400?

Thank you!

-Chris

IBM System i 520
- no Websphere
- no JS

PC-Server (about 800Eur)
- Windows Server 2003
- 1.5 Gig RAM
- 3 GHz CPU
- JS 1.2.1
- JS 3.0 (testing)
- in JS we use this connect:
    DRIVER: com.ibm.as400.access.AS400JDBCDriver
    URL: jdbc:as400://192.168.1.1/library
    JAR:  jt400.jar

We decided to install JS not on the IBM, because the IBM should do its work and not play around with things like creating reports an playing with cubes. The most runtime by creating reports it the execution of the sql-statment on the IBM, so i have no advantage by installing JS on the IBM. the IBM over 50.000 EUR, the PC-Server about 800 Eur. So why should i slow down my IBM??
Once we tried to create a copy of the IBM/DB2 on an third pc-server with mysql and connect with JS to this third pc-server. But the performance of the IBM-DB-SQL is much much much better the the performance the pc-server-mysql-performance.

i hope, this helps you.

a.hingerl

IBM System i 520
- no Websphere
- no JS

PC-Server (about 800Eur)
- Windows Server 2003
- 1.5 Gig RAM
- 3 GHz CPU
- JS 1.2.1
- JS 3.0 (testing)
- in JS we use this connect:
    DRIVER: com.ibm.as400.access.AS400JDBCDriver
    URL: jdbc:as400://192.168.1.1/library
    JAR:  jt400.jar

We decided to install JS not on the IBM, because the IBM should do its work and not play around with things like creating reports an playing with cubes. The most runtime by creating reports it the execution of the sql-statment on the IBM, so i have no advantage by installing JS on the IBM. the IBM over 50.000 EUR, the PC-Server about 800 Eur. So why should i slow down my IBM??
Once we tried to create a copy of the IBM/DB2 on an third pc-server with mysql and connect with JS to this third pc-server. But the performance of the IBM-DB-SQL is much much much better the the performance the pc-server-mysql-performance.

i hope, this helps you.

a.hingerl

• 10 months later...
  • 9 months later...