We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Plotting multiple Lines in a Line Chart

anujapuri

Hi

I have to draw a chart that displays the month wise marketshare of various service providers.
The DB has a table which stores month , service provider and marketshare. I am using a line chart to display months on X axis and Marketshare on Y axis. I am able to draw a seperate Line graph for each service provider using IReports but I need help to draw one line chart for all service providers

Please see the attachmnet for the exampple chart that is to be drwan.

Thanks in advance [file name=Chart_sample.doc size=49152]

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi

Thanks for your Help.

I have tried creating Category series for each service provider but I need help to define the Value Expression for each Category series . I need where clause in the value expression for each caregory series for examle correspondg to serviceoperator xyz , the value expression for category series corresponding to opeartor xyz should be saying 'plot marketshare for this record from DB if serviceoperator="xyz" '

Please tell me how to define this value expression. Thanks for your help

This is a completly different issue ;)

I would create a subreport with a query designed to return exactly the data I need in the chart - and then just put in the resluting fields. If needed you can pass parameters to your subreport (like your "YXZ").

Kai

• 1 month later...

hi anujapuri there. i cant display multiple lines or series in the same chart. i saw your chart image (and it makes just what i need) and i want to know if you can please make your .jrxml public o send it to my email valentina.trujillo@gmail.com

thanks! :blink:

• 9 years later...