We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Jasper ETL Help

muttou

Hi i need some basic help for extract and loading of data from the database servers but dont know the way that how to deal with that, can some body give me the basic help to control and handle the operation of the Jasper ETL software. thanks for the post reply n help.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi

There is a database Menu in Palette. Click the database you want to connect like if you want to get data from MySQL select tMysqlInput or to load data use tMysqlOutput.

Afterthat, you need to provide connection details.

Use tMap to Map the Source and Target!!! :)

I am referreing JasperETL with Java. if you are using with perl, you need to install respective module.

Post edited by: sangi, at: 2008/04/03 14:19

ah well thanks for your remarkable reply. more tell me if i need to apply the business logic during extraction and loading of data using MySqlinput or output ect.. more how can we apply the numeric operation during ETL operation.. thanks for your reply with logic solution.

Hi

If I am not wrong. Double Click the tMap, it will open the Mapping. We will find Var on the top of the window. Restore the Var and drag one column to Expression.

If we click on Expression, it will open the Expression Builder. There we go. :)

I am actually trying to upload a file but some how its failing. :(

Post edited by: sangi, at: 2008/04/04 13:10

dear thanks for your reply with the resourceful information. kindly could u plz send me your attach file at this address muttou@hotmail.com i would be so thankful to you for this effort. you can upload the different types of files with this post. list can be found with the error message.

actually i m BI professional by using the Oracle 10.2 Data warehouse tool but its too tough to map the source table to others.. so i found the Jasper ETL good enough for this purpose...i hope for the positive reply from you. more how can we make the time dimension table or real time data based on date and time can u give some example in Jasper ETL tool. thanks for reply.....

Nasir