We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

subreports tons of blank space

rbastic

this is similar to the the previous post about empty space between subreports...

except my subreports are occasionally empty on the form -- i've got 4 of them, and depending on certain values some get displayed and others don't.

the problem is the ones that don't have data end up causing the bottom most report to scroll to the next page, and there is a ton of whitespace on the bottom of the first page because of this....

how would i actually hide the empty subreports and have everything adjust properly?

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

If you are not able to remove the blank space even after the 'Remove blank' property is selected, then here is the soluiton i found from the forum:

this 'Remove blank' property works only if the corresponding field is the only field on that line space.For example:If you embed this field into another rectangle box or static text,it will not work.

Hope it helps!

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

The solutions for this problem is,,

If you have a parent report with a table or some data in the "details" band area and you have a sub report with a diagram or picture in the summary band area, then u need to make the height of all th other bands to 0 in the sub report other than the summary band, then all the empty spaces will go away.

Hope this helps

Srikanth

• 7 years later...