We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Mondrian Role & JasperServer

CarSan

Hello

I've designed a Cube with Dimension and Measures. It's working well on Jasper, now i want define the acces-control to the data by Schema-Roles but i don't find the way to associate the Jasper-Role with Schema-Role or something like that.

Can you help me?

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We don't like Mondrian's limitations with roles. You can only assign one role when you connect to Mondrian: when a user has multiple roles, which one role do you use for the connection? The way Mondrian defines access restrictions does not scale: if you want to define access rights by region, say, you would need an access grant per region which rapidly gets unwieldy.

In JasperAnalysis Professional, due out at the end of this month, we are delivering an access grant system that is configured outside the schema and is template driven, so you can define a region based access grant and then use roles and user profile data to customize the grant dynamically.

If you want to assign a role to the connection in JasperAnalysis open source, you can extend the OlapConnectionServiceImpl to set the role appropriate to your environment.

Sherman

JasperSoft

• 1 year later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 3 years later...