We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Count Expressions

badir

I am running into a problem doing the simplest of things. I've a report that uses one table and has two groups that display appropriately. The groups are

Building

Person

The problem is that while using the built-in group count for person I can never get the real count.

There are 57 persons in my table and I get the following results:

PersonCount placed in Building Footer = 2

PersonCount placed in Person Footer = 1 ( even when there are more than one person in the group )

PersonCount placed in detail = 1

I've tried each setting in the properties regarding eval time and eval group over and over and over and I can not get a real count for the life of me.

It has to be something simple that I'm missing.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Look at using the built in report variables. On the variable tab there should be a variable for each of your groups. It is in the format

Groupname_COUNT

for example if you called your group Person there will be a variable called

Person_COUNT

This value gives the total number of records in a group. It resets each time your group value changes.

I understand completely. The problem is that I am using Person_COUNT. It doesn't matter where I place that built-in. I always get a count less than 10.

Same with Building_COUNT. When I place the variable in the report ( no matter which band ) with the default properties, I get the wrong count.

What is actually being counted?