We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Page Footer missing from output

sphoid

I have a fully functional report (ie Shows title, shows group headers and details just fine, but none of the footer bands (ie pageFooter, lastpageFooter, or summary) get displayed on any of the output formats (ie jrviewer, pdf, etc). To test I am simply putting static text in the page footer. The pageFooter band has a height of 30 and the font size is 8 or 10. What gives?

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there anything in the band's 'Print when expression'?

Nope

Have you double checked the source?

I don't see anything out of place

Are any options enabled that would not allow this (Blank When null, etc)

Nope

Have you tried using the summary or other bands near the bottom?

Yes, Nothing below detail will display anything on the generated report.

Very strange indeed.... It's possible i could be have missed something in the jrxml. Let me post the relevant portions of it:

Code:

<pageFooter>

<band height="30" isSplitAllowed="true" >

<staticText>

<reportElement
x="1"
y="0"
width="173"
height="24"
key="staticText-8"/>

<box topBorder="None"
topBorderColor="#000000" leftBorder="None"
leftBorderColor="#000000"
rightBorder="None"
rightBorderColor="#000000"
bottomBorder="None"
bottomBorderColor="#000000"/>

<textElement>

<font size="8"/>

</textElement>

<text><![CDATA[Labor Report]]></text>

</staticText>

<line direction="TopDown">

<reportElement
x="1"
y="0"
width="551"
height="0"
key="line-4"/>

<graphicElement stretchType="NoStretch"/>

</line>

</band>

</pageFooter>

Yes this is very troubling and makes no sense. I'm half thinking it's some kind of bug.

I left the font at whatever the default for iReport is. BTW, I duplicated this problem using both iReport 1.2.8 and 2.0. It was set to San Serif, I tried Arial, but neither one shows.

Could you send me your source code? I would like to duplicate it as well, this could tell you if the problem is local to your machine, or if it really is a bug.

This is quite confusing because I am able to place and view elements in the page footer of iReport 2.0. With you source I may be able to debug your report and tell you what happened...

That doesn't appear to be it. Foreground color is black, background is white. Tried with different foreground colors. Tried with transparent value toggled on and off. Were you able to duplicate the problem?

I should note I've duplicated it on both windows and linux as well.

Hi,

I have exactly the same issue with missing Page Footer in iReport 1.3.3. I am not using XML data source, i am connected to Oracle database. I could not find anything unusual in jrxml file. Any clues would be welcome.

Regards,

Vadim

I don't think it's the same problem as when you look at the jrxml. All of the pagefooter markup is clearly in place. Maybe something is happening during the compilation process to the jasper format.

Btw, how do you tell which version of iReport that bug applies to?

I appreciate all the effort in looking into this. I generally don't post to forums unless I'm completely stumped.

I'm not too sure about which version the bug applies to.

The only indicator that you can observe is the date that the bug was reported. I would assume that it applies to the newest version made available (to that date) and on.

For example, if version 1.3.2 were made available on 10/2006, the bug could possibly apply to 1.3.x.

Still, this isn't a wise assumption to make.

Have you posted this problem in any other forums?

Sometimes you can get a sense of direction by doing that as well.

This is really frustrating me! :evil:

Hi,

I just tried to create a report using File/Report Wizard and everything worked fine. The page footer was displayed as expected. Once you create a report through File/New Document Page Footer is not appearing in the output document. I will use this as a workaround.

Regards,

Vadim

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...