We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Any idea about how to enable MTOM for AXIS 2.0

zbao

Hi folks,

I have a .NET client consuming the web services of JasperServer, However, .NET client seems to be having problems when the SOAP response message contains ATTACHMENT. Do you think I have to migrate my code to use MTOM ? And how to enable MTOM for AXIS 2.0 ?

Any insights..will be appreciated

thanx.

my code

ManagementServiceService ms = new ManagementServiceService();

ms.Credentials = new System.Net.NetworkCredential("jasperadmin", "password");

// XmlGenerator is a class to generate Xml method string

string getRequest = XmlGenerator.GetRequest("JRLogo", "img", "/images/JRLogo", "false", "JR logo", "JR logo");

TextBox1.Text = ms.get(getRequest);

Error message

the response is "multipart/related" , but the client required "text/html"

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello,

The thing is that, by default, the webservices answer by using the SwA protocol that "should be" compatible with MTOM.

Now, we live in a world where Murphy's law prevails and things don't always work like they should. :pinch:

This is why there is a parameter of the request sent to the server, called 'USE_DIME_ATTACHMENTS', that tells the server to answer by using the DIME protocol (which is understood by .Net clients). (Thanks Giulio for this):laugh:

I've created a .Net library using Microsoft's Webservices Enhancements 2.0 that allows you to access JasperServer's web services.

Please let me know if you want me to send it to you: I'll post it on the forge in a few days, as the documentation's still incomplete for now, but you can already have a preview of it.

Just let me know if you're interested.

Cordialement,/Kind regards

Christopher Andre

Technical Support Engineer, EMEA

JasperSoft Corporation

Post edited by: candre, at: 2007/07/31 11:51

candre,

Would I also be able to get my hands on the .NET library you have created? I have been implementing a .NET client and have had many issues getting reports back due to the issue that zbao is experiencing.

Will this library be released as a project?

Thank you

candre,

Very nice C# for a java developer ;) GUI was very good at demonstrating use of the client.

Very handy it made the difficulty I was having go away.

What are the rules regarding the use of this library of yours, also will you be creating a project on jasperforge for it. To the .NET developers out there this little library is a godsend, at least from where I stand.

If you do start a project for it I would be happy to help out any way I can, documentation, whatever ....

Thanks,

J

Thank you very much: it's always good to see that one's work is appreciated.:blush:

This library will certainly be posted as a project on the Forge (JasperForge that is) but the details have not been decided yet. In any case, I'll let you know about it.

Do you have any particular comments or suggestions about the library? I personally think that I should add the possibility to run asynchronous calls to the methods but I'm a bit struggling with delegates right now...

Christopher Andre

JasperSoft Corporation

The .net webservice client has been released as a new project on the Forge.

Only the sources are available for now but I'll try to add some documentation in the future to give it a bit more "meat" for the hungry .net developers out there.;)

The link is: http://jasperforge.org/sf/projects/net_webservices_client

My special thanks to Teodor, Giulio and the rest of the JasperSoft team ("Working with you guys really rocks!")B)

Christopher Andre

JasperSoft Corporation

• 1 year later...