We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Adding a DataType

kc5qoc

I would like to add the datatype java.sql.Timestamp to the list of available datatypes available for input controls. I need this in order for my reports to function within JasperServer 1.2.1

I understand that there are Date and DateTime datatypes and have used them in the past. The problem is that Oracle needs the java.sql.Timestamp. When I define a parameter using this type and publish the report in JasperServer with an input control of type Date or DateTime I get an error from JasperServer saying the data submitted is type java.util.Date which is NOT java.sql.Timestamp. (It works fine in iReport because it understands java.sql.Timestamp)

Is there a process defined to add a datatype to the repository so that is becomes available to the input controls ?

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

I have a workaround for this. I've added a prompting parameter accepting java.util.Date (let's call it paramDate), and then I have a second non-prompting parameter of java.sql.Timestamp (let's call it paramTS). paramTS has as its default expression:

new java.sql.Timestamp($P{paramDate}.getTime())

The paramTS is the one used I plug in to the query.

I'm using Postgres with timestamp fields and so I needed to get a prompted date from the user into the query and this works fine for me.

Hope this helps your situation.