Changes to the Jaspersoft community edition download ×

ERROR job execution : cannot create table

Nicolep

Hi,

When I start my job, I get this error message :

DBD::mysql::st execute failed: Erreur de syntaxe près de '(19) NOT NULL

, `nomClient` VARCHAR (30) NOT NULL

)' Ã la ligne 6 at C:JasperETLworkspace.PerlDATEVCCIRCE.job_new.pl line 330.

can't create table at C:JasperETLworkspace.PerlDATEVCCIRCE.job_new.pl line 330

I verified my schemas many times and I don't think there are mistakes. I also checked up the DATEVCCIRCE.job_new.pl file at line 330, it seems there is a problem in table creation! the line 330 is this one:

$sth_tDBOutput_1->execute()

So, does someone have an idea about this problem? Where could I modify the create table query used by the perl file?

thanks

Nicolep

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi,

Can you explain about your job, components used, action specified in your tDBOutput, and more.

Logically, Create table action is based on Schema (going to input component).

If you need modify your own perl script code :

- Export your job (click-right and choose to export Job)

- Open the archive file and modify you .pl file.

But i think that you have a problem in the input definition of the schema before creating table.

Regards.

______

Thank you for your support!

Christophe ANTOINE

Talend R&D Engineer

Thanks for your help, the problem is solved. I didn't notice that I was trying to duplicate a primary key value! That was why jasperETL couldn't create the table. So it was indeed a schema problem.

Thanks.

Nicole

(I've just posted a new message, can you read it please??!)

Hi Christophe,

I have a similar problem:

DBD::mysql::st execute failed: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '(7)

, `UPDATE_DATE` DATETIME (7) NOT NULL

, `UPDATE_USER` DOUBLE (9,0) NOT NULL

' at line 8 at C:SoftwareJasperJasperETL-Win32-r1732-V1.1.1workspace.PerlTEST.job_Import1.pl line 454.

My task is trying to copy a table from Oracle 9 to MySQL.

I used schema export and import to synchronize the schemas.

I think it looks like a bug. When I edited the schema and removed 'length' from two date fields, the task executed successfully, however, the dates were not copied to the target table.

Cheers,

Alex

Hi,

I come back on my previous message where I said that I found the solution. The problem wasn't the duplicata of primary key value but it seems that the problem comes from "day" type. The creation of the table raises a problem when I've got a day type in my schema. When I replace the day type by string type, the problem doesn't appears. It may exist a problem of compatibility between jasperETL "day" type and in my case, Mysql "date" or "datetime" type.And your message, Alex, seems to confirm this hypothesis.

Have someone a solution other that changing the type to string??

Thank

Nicolep

Hi,

I don't think that using string type instead of date is acceptable solution - at least not for me.

I managed to create a table containing date with JasperETL. In order to do that I removed the "length" value from MySQL schema.

But - the data is not copied anyway, so I think it's a JasperETL bug in handling date fields in MySQL database.

Cheers,

Alex