We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

JS 1.2 and iReports 1.3...nothing happens

chrisodom

I am currently running JS 1.2 as a JBoss enterprise application. I installed iReports 1.3 added the necessary jars for the plugin (v. 1.2). When I launch iReports I can create a JasperServer instance but nothing happens when I try to do anything with it...wait thats not true when I double click on it, it tries something but quickly results back to doing absolutely nothing. I have read every fix that is in the forums from backing up the .xml to chanings the setting for the layout. Nothing works. I am able to use the default ?wsdl and everthing seems to be working correctly. I can even use my web browser to make a call and get back the "If you actually made a WS call something would be happening now" response from JS. Any help in why nothing happens from iReports would be greatly appreciated.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I got a similar problem.

In my case it was within windows.

When I installed jasperserver via wizard , I goto to configure Tomcat in a non default port ( 8088 instead of 8080 ).

After that when I try to login from the iReports plugin, nothing happens.

May be the reasons are...

SOAP services via Axis is not enabled by default, so I got to configure something to properly start tomcat with SOAP enabled.

The other reason , may be, is that the plugin uses port 8080 ALWAYS instead of 8088.

I wish it was that simple. I just installed version 1.3.1 of iReports and the exact symptoms occur...nothing happens. I did notice though that JS 1.2 has updated there WS dependencies and makes we wonder if the documentation that comes with the source is the old..."Got the code updated but documentation is incorrect"...problem. I say this cause I am wondering if the dependency jar list thats in the doc for setting up the ireport plugin is incorrect. I have attached a screen shot of just a web browser call to my JasperServer that shows Axis trying to respond to a non-SOAP request to the services port.