We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Date parameter in Jasperserver 1.1 vs 1.2

lflesch

Hi everybody,

I developped some reports with iReport 1.3 and for the moment these reports anr published via Jasperintelligence 1.1 and it's portal.

I would like to use Jasperserver 1.2 for the same reports. However, something is going wrong when the report asks for date parameters because the final report is empty.

I tried to modify jasperserver_config.properties and the date format using the ireport plugin but nothing to do ! Reports are still empty and works fine in iReport.

Here is the date format in database : 2006-11-30 15:19:12

Here is the properties file :

date.format=yyyy-MM-dd

datetime.format=yyyy-MM-dd HH:mm

calendar.date.format=%Y-%m-%d

calendar.datetime.format=%Y-%m-%d %H:%M

calendar.language.filename=/cal/calendar-en.js

Any help or idea would be really appreciated.

Thanks a lot for your help

Post edited by: lflesch, at: 2007/02/20 11:55

Post edited by: lflesch, at: 2007/02/20 11:56

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw this thread.

I don't think it's the same problem because :

- I obtain no error. Only a message "Report is empty"

- I'm using the same reports jrxml but for a new installation for jasperserver 1.2 on a new server

I tried the TRUNCATE query and still has the message "The report is empy".

I think, the query in the report does find no records because the date format for the period is not in the awaited format.

Post edited by: lflesch, at: 2007/02/20 14:55

I have the same problem. If I set a param's default value in iReport then uplaod the jrxml to the server the report is filled with the default dates. If I do not supply a default value the report is empty. This is a fresh install of JI 1.2.0

• 2 months later...

Hi,

If I understand this correctly, it is about not getting the same results when running from iReport and then from JS, using the same input parameters and the same report.

If this is what happens, then I suspect it is related to timezone conversions.

Can you check what timezone do you specify at login time and what timezone you see on the data source edit page in JS? Can you play with these timezones and see if it has any effect on the results?

I suggest you select [none] for the timezone in the data source edit page and GMT at login time.

Thank you,

Teodor

• 1 month later...

I am having the same problem. I am running JasperServer 1.2.1 on Linux (Suse 10), JBoss 4.0.5 inside JDK 1.5.0_11 and ojdbc14.zip (latest recommended JDBC driver from Oracle for JDK1.5). I have tried matching the timezones and the suggested (None for the DataSource) and (GMT at login) and I always get this error. The same JRXML report runs fine in iReport and OpenReports.

I am certain that my Date parameter name matches the expected parameter name in my query. Any help will go along way in helping me choose JasperServer over OpenReports. This is a must have feature (Date constraints on Reports). Thanks in advance!

Code:
org.springframework.webflow.engine.ActionExecutionException:    Exception thrown executing [AnnotatedAction@1b3768b targetAction = com.jaspersoft.jasperserver.war.action.ViewReportAction@1dd63a8,                                attributes = map[[empty]]] in state 'verifyData' of flow 'viewReportFlow' -- action execution attributes were 'map[[empty]]';        nested exception is com.jaspersoft.jasperserver.api.JSExceptionWrapper: net.sf.jasperreports.engine.JRException: Error executing SQL statement for : BillingSummaryCaused by: com.jaspersoft.jasperserver.api.JSExceptionWrapper: net.sf.jasperreports.engine.JRException: Error executing SQL statement for : BillingSummary    at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.query.JRJdbcQueryExecuter.createDatasource(JRJdbcQueryExecuter.java:121)    at com.jaspersoft.jasperserver.api.engine.jasperreports.util.JRTimezoneJdbcQueryExecuter.createDatasource(JRTimezoneJdbcQueryExecuter.java:77)    at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.fill.JRFillDataset.createQueryDatasource(JRFillDataset.java:673)    at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.fill.JRFillDataset.setDatasource(JRFillDataset.java:610)    at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.fill.JRFillDataset.setParameterValues(JRFillDataset.java:599)    at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.fill.JRBaseFiller.setParameters(JRBaseFiller.java:864)    at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.fill.JRBaseFiller.fill(JRBaseFiller.java:702)    at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.fill.JRFiller.fillReport(JRFiller.java:123)    at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.JasperFillManager.fillReport(JasperFillManager.java:420)    at com.jaspersoft.jasperserver.api.engine.jasperreports.service.impl.EngineServiceImpl.fillReport(EngineServiceImpl.java:561)    at com.jaspersoft.jasperserver.api.engine.jasperreports.service.impl.EngineServiceImpl.fillReport(EngineServiceImpl.java:314)    at com.jaspersoft.jasperserver.api.engine.jasperreports.service.impl.EngineServiceImpl.executeReport(EngineServiceImpl.java:686)    at com.jaspersoft.jasperserver.api.engine.jasperreports.domain.impl.ReportUnitRequest.execute(ReportUnitRequest.java:60)    at com.jaspersoft.jasperserver.api.engine.jasperreports.service.impl.EngineServiceImpl.execute(EngineServiceImpl.java:248)    at com.jaspersoft.jasperserver.war.action.ViewReportAction.verifyData(ViewReportAction.java:110)    at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor388.invoke(Unknown Source)    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:585)    at org.springframework.webflow.util.DispatchMethodInvoker.invoke(DispatchMethodInvoker.java:103)    at org.springframework.webflow.action.MultiAction.doExecute(MultiAction.java:136)    at org.springframework.webflow.action.AbstractAction.execute(AbstractAction.java:203)    at org.springframework.webflow.engine.AnnotatedAction.execute(AnnotatedAction.java:142)    at org.springframework.webflow.engine.ActionExecutor.execute(ActionExecutor.java:61)    at org.springframework.webflow.engine.ActionState.doEnter(ActionState.java:180)    at org.springframework.webflow.engine.State.enter(State.java:200)    at org.springframework.webflow.engine.Transition.execute(Transition.java:229)    at org.springframework.webflow.engine.TransitionableState.onEvent(TransitionableState.java:112)    at org.springframework.webflow.engine.Flow.onEvent(Flow.java:572)    at org.springframework.webflow.engine.impl.RequestControlContextImpl.signalEvent(RequestControlContextImpl.java:207)    at org.springframework.webflow.engine.impl.FlowExecutionImpl.signalEvent(FlowExecutionImpl.java:214)    at org.springframework.webflow.executor.FlowExecutorImpl.resume(FlowExecutorImpl.java:238)    at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor162.invoke(Unknown Source)    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:585)    at org.springframework.aop.support.AopUtils.invokeJoinpointUsingReflection(AopUtils.java:281)    at org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.invokeJoinpoint(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:187)    at org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.proceed(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:154)    at org.acegisecurity.intercept.method.aopalliance.MethodSecurityInterceptor.invoke(MethodSecurityInterceptor.java:66)    at org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.proceed(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:176)    at org.springframework.aop.framework.JdkDynamicAopProxy.invoke(JdkDynamicAopProxy.java:210)    at $Proxy77.resume(Unknown Source)    at org.springframework.webflow.executor.support.FlowRequestHandler.handleFlowRequest(FlowRequestHandler.java:115)    at org.springframework.webflow.executor.mvc.FlowController.handleRequestInternal(FlowController.java:170)    at org.springframework.web.servlet.mvc.AbstractController.handleRequest(AbstractController.java:153)    at org.springframework.web.servlet.mvc.SimpleControllerHandlerAdapter.handle(SimpleControllerHandlerAdapter.java:45)    at org.springframework.web.servlet.DispatcherServlet.doDispatch(DispatcherServlet.java:820)    at org.springframework.web.servlet.DispatcherServlet.doService(DispatcherServlet.java:755)    at org.springframework.web.servlet.FrameworkServlet.processRequest(FrameworkServlet.java:396)    at org.springframework.web.servlet.FrameworkServlet.doPost(FrameworkServlet.java:360)    at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:717)    at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:810)    at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:252)    at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:173)    at com.jaspersoft.jasperserver.war.common.UploadMultipartFilter.doFilter(UploadMultipartFilter.java:86)    at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:202)    at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:173)    at org.acegisecurity.util.FilterChainProxy$VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:264)    at org.acegisecurity.intercept.web.FilterSecurityInterceptor.invoke(FilterSecurityInterceptor.java:107)    at org.acegisecurity.intercept.web.FilterSecurityInterceptor.doFilter(FilterSecurityInterceptor.java:72)    at org.acegisecurity.util.FilterChainProxy$VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:274)    at org.acegisecurity.ui.ExceptionTranslationFilter.doFilter(ExceptionTranslationFilter.java:110)    at org.acegisecurity.util.FilterChainProxy$VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:274)    at org.acegisecurity.providers.anonymous.AnonymousProcessingFilter.doFilter(AnonymousProcessingFilter.java:125)    at org.acegisecurity.util.FilterChainProxy$VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:274)    at com.jaspersoft.jasperserver.api.metadata.user.service.impl.MetadataAuthenticationProcessingFilter.doFilter(MetadataAuthenticationProcessingFilter.java:136)    at org.acegisecurity.util.FilterChainProxy$VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:274)    at org.acegisecurity.ui.basicauth.BasicProcessingFilter.doFilter(BasicProcessingFilter.java:181)    at org.acegisecurity.util.FilterChainProxy$VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:274)    at org.acegisecurity.ui.AbstractProcessingFilter.doFilter(AbstractProcessingFilter.java:217)    at org.acegisecurity.util.FilterChainProxy$VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:274)    at com.jaspersoft.jasperserver.war.UserPreferencesFilter.doFilter(UserPreferencesFilter.java:83)    at org.acegisecurity.util.FilterChainProxy$VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:274)    at org.acegisecurity.context.HttpSessionContextIntegrationFilter.doFilter(HttpSessionContextIntegrationFilter.java:191)    at org.acegisecurity.util.FilterChainProxy$VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:274)    at org.acegisecurity.util.FilterChainProxy.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:148)    at org.acegisecurity.util.FilterToBeanProxy.doFilter(FilterToBeanProxy.java:90)    at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:202)    at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:173)    at com.jaspersoft.jasperserver.war.util.CharacterEncodingFilter.doFilter(CharacterEncodingFilter.java:70)    at org.springframework.web.filter.DelegatingFilterProxy.doFilter(DelegatingFilterProxy.java:138)    at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:202)    at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:173)    at org.jboss.web.tomcat.filters.ReplyHeaderFilter.doFilter(ReplyHeaderFilter.java:96)    at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:202)    at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:173)    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:213)    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:178)    at org.jboss.web.tomcat.security.SecurityAssociationValve.invoke(SecurityAssociationValve.java:175)    at org.jboss.web.tomcat.security.JaccContextValve.invoke(JaccContextValve.java:74)    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:126)    at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:105)    at org.jboss.web.tomcat.tc5.jca.CachedConnectionValve.invoke(CachedConnectionValve.java:156)    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:107)    at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:148)    at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:869)    at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11BaseProtocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.processConnection(Http11BaseProtocol.java:664)    at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.PoolTcpEndpoint.processSocket(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:527)    at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.MasterSlaveWorkerThread.run(MasterSlaveWorkerThread.java:112)    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)Caused by: java.sql.SQLException: ORA-01858: a non-numeric character was found where a numeric was expected    at oracle.jdbc.driver.DatabaseError.throwSqlException(DatabaseError.java:112)    at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CTTIoer.processError(T4CTTIoer.java:331)    at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CTTIoer.processError(T4CTTIoer.java:288)    at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4C8Oall.receive(T4C8Oall.java:745)    at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CPreparedStatement.doOall8(T4CPreparedStatement.java:216)    at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CPreparedStatement.executeForRows(T4CPreparedStatement.java:966)    at oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleStatement.executeMaybeDescribe(OracleStatement.java:1062)    at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CPreparedStatement.executeMaybeDescribe(T4CPreparedStatement.java:850)    at oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleStatement.doExecuteWithTimeout(OracleStatement.java:1134)    at oracle.jdbc.driver.OraclePreparedStatement.executeInternal(OraclePreparedStatement.java:3339)    at oracle.jdbc.driver.OraclePreparedStatement.executeQuery(OraclePreparedStatement.java:3384)    at org.apache.commons.dbcp.DelegatingPreparedStatement.executeQuery(DelegatingPreparedStatement.java:205)    at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.query.JRJdbcQueryExecuter.createDatasource(JRJdbcQueryExecuter.java:115)[/code]

Post edited by: dwebb@artisit.com, at: 2007/06/14 04:02

I`ve tried playing with time zones and no luck, still comes witha an empty resultset. The odd thing all my other reports work fine, but if I upload any report now I get the same result, nothing, even the ones I had uploaded earlier, if I upload them again (the ones that expect date parameters) dont work.

Ive tried modifying reports with dofferent versions of ireport and cant get any reports to worrk.

Even tried to change the database to another server. I've tried clean jasperintellgence installs. The odd thing is that this error didnt come with anything in particular because even after just updating jasperserver database to 1.1 from 1.0 reports worked just fine.

Please help its just plain odd.

I have encountered a weird scenario while trying to debug this and perhaps it will mean something to the right person. When I turn on SQLTrace in Oracle for the session that JasperServer is connected to, the Report WORKS. The JRXML is the same and everything else is the same as it was when I was getting the error. If I disable SQLTrace in Oracle for the session, the report stops working.

I know this sounds weird but I reproduced it 3 times. Any clue? I am using the same Oracle JDBC driver that I am using with OpenReports (which consistently works), so I think we can rule that out. Thanks.