We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

PHP, SOAP and Webservices (etc...)

kevlatimer

Hi All,

We've become huuuge Jasper fans in the last few months with the releases of JI and recent iReports and are looking at using it to replace our hand-coded FPDF and PHP stuff to spit out reports. Now, the tricky bit seems to the the letters PHP...

I've seen a few posts on here regarding either the PHP-Java bridge, a piece of JasperConnector code, running a "jasperrunner" on the command line but I've struggled to put a lot of it into practice - I'm not much a programmer, and I've always struggled with languages like C and Java.

I've also seen some talk of using the SOAP module in PHP5, and this seems like a better option for me, but SOAP isn't something I've had much exposure to.

Basically, seeing as I've not had much luck with documentation (although I understand there is some webservices docs due in a few weeks), does anyone have any examples of PHP code that could be used to extract a report, with parameters and returning a PDF, from a JI 1.1.0 repository?

Any help much appreciated - I'm sure I just need an idea of how to approach it and I can run with that!

Many thanks,

Kev

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic