name="HeaderBold"
fontName="sansserif"
isDefault="false"
fontSize="10"
isBold="true"
pdfFontName="Helvetica-Bold"
pdfEncoding="Cp1252"
/>

When I print (to printer or screen) the text does not appear in bold. I ran the xmldatasource demo, which does the same thing, and it did not work there either.

I do get bold if I add <font isBold="true"/> to the textElement.

I'm using JasperReports 1.2.6 on Mac OS X 10.3.9 with Java 1.4.2. Before I report a bug, I wondered if anyone else has seen this?

Also, does anyone know a workaround, short of adding bold to every textElement?

Thanks,

Rob

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the reply. Yes, I'm using it my textElements like so:

Code:

<textField isStretchWithOverflow="false" isBlankWhenNull="true">
<reportElement
x="374"
y="72"
width="126"
height="20"
style="HeaderBold"
/>
<textElement textAlignment="Center" verticalAlignment="Middle"/>
<textFieldExpression class="java.lang.String">
<![CDATA[$P{pAccountNo}]]>
</textFieldExpression>
</textField>

I also see the same problem in the xmldatasource demo, so I'm pretty sure it isn't something I'm doing wrong (although I would be happy to find out it was).

Rob

Lucian,

It happened no matter how I viewed it. I used JRViewer, printed to a printer, and printed to PDF, all with the same result.

I moved to MacOS 10.4.7 using Java 1.4.2_09 and also saw the problem the first time I tried it. However, after I recompiled the report in this new environment, the problem went away. If I get a chance to try this again on MacOS 10.3.9, I will post the XML export.

Thanks again,

Rob

• 1 year later...

Was this issue ever resolved? I am currently developing reports with iReport 1.2.8 and isBold is not working properly when i use jasperreports with my application.

I cannot format the whole textelement as bold in the font-tag, as it is crucial that only part of the element is bold (that would be the dynamic part of the text element).

This is from my JRXML file:

<textField isStretchWithOverflow="false" isBlankWhenNull="false" evaluationTime="Now" hyperlinkType="None" hyperlinkTarget="Self" >

<reportElement

x="0"

y="0"

width="535"

height="41"

key="textField-5"/>

<box topBorder="None" topBorderColor="#000000" leftBorder="None" leftBorderColor="#000000" rightBorder="None" rightBorderColor="#000000" bottomBorder="None" bottomBorderColor="#000000"/>

<textElement textAlignment="Left" isStyledText="true" lineSpacing="1_1_2">

<font size="9"/>

</textElement>

<textFieldExpression class="java.lang.String"><![CDATA["My static text goes here <style isUnderline=true" isBold="true">"+$F{DYN_FIELD1}+"</style> more static text <style isUnderline="true" isBold="true">"+$F{DYN_FIELD2}+"</style> more static text <style isUnderline="true" isBold="true">"+$F{DYN_FIELD3}+"</style&gt]]></textFieldExpression>

</textField>

isBold works when i generate the report from iReport -doesn't not work when generated through my application which user the jasperreports libraries.

Was this ever resolved?