We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Display different value using same field and

2005 IR Help

By: propsystem - propsystem

Display different value using same field and

2005-08-16 20:34

i want to display and print different value in 1 row. Now they display same value when i copy same field

By: andersons - andersons

RE: Display different value using same field and

2005-08-17 06:26

You could try using the print horizontal option. I don't know if that will help at all, but it's a possible solution.

Susan

• 9 months later...
  • Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

can't quite understand your requirements.

could you explain your requirements in more detail?

all i can tell you at this point is that you may need to use a conditional statement to determine which values you want. however, as far as i know, you can't use a single text element to display values of different types. if you want to display values of different types, you will need to position text elements that will display your values one on top of the other and use the print when expression condition to control when a certain text element containing a value of a particular type will be displayed.

edwin

megotronx you could create a report with a group and then set all the Band Heights to 0 except for the Group Header and detail section. The SQL in the main report would create your header area. You could then put a subreport in you detail section and use that to create you Value section.

if i understand correctly, i think that what you actually need to do is to

... construct the right query that will

... create a new table that will

... have columns representing the unique values from your ANAYSIS column which is in the table that you are currently getting data from. in short - reorginize data from your table. if this is what you want, i'm thinking that you may need to use subqueries (nested select statements) in your report query... that is if your data is being taken directly from a database using a report query. not the easiest thing to do (at least for me) but it's worth understanding how it works and learning how to do it.

i haven't done this yet but i've seen this kind of sql query before... this means that your challenge has a solution. from what i remember, the query (similar to the one that you will need in your report template) produced several views or tables (possibly temporary) created from existing tables in some database.

it would be great if someone who has more experience in creating complex sql queries would be kind enough to give us a walkthrough on how to go about this. at any rate, see if you could find out more about this... subqueries and all. :)

edwin

hey.thank you for helping.I solved the layout problem with crosstabs, but still have a problems with data in it.Instead 3 records i see 3*8=24records.it may be in fact that i have 8 Analys and 3 testno in database.But need to see just that 3 records.My sql in subdataset and in main report are the same:

SELECT TESTIN.TESTNO, TESTIN.SERIALNO, TESTIN.ANALYS, TESTIN.ANALYSEX, TESTIN.MEANVAL

FROM TESTIN

where testin.testtype='DOCUMENTS' and

testin.analys='SAL' or

testin.analys='PAV' or

testin.analys='BLANK' or

testin.analys='ID' or

testin.analys='KLANR' or

testin.analys='KLATIP' or

testin.analys='KLAAPR' or

testin.analys='QUANT'

Help me to solve this who have more experience with crosstabs

Thank you in advance

There is an error in your SQL syntax - you need parentheses around your composite OR

SELECT TESTIN.TESTNO, TESTIN.SERIALNO, TESTIN.ANALYS, TESTIN.ANALYSEX, TESTIN.MEANVAL

FROM TESTIN

(testin.analys='SAL' or

testin.analys='PAV' or

testin.analys='BLANK' or

testin.analys='ID' or

testin.analys='KLANR' or

testin.analys='KLATIP' or

testin.analys='KLAAPR' or

testin.analys='QUANT')

This may fix your problem.

Note: you may be able to use IN instead of the composite OR

FROM TESTIN

testin.analys in ('SAL', 'PAV', 'BLANK', 'ID', 'KLANR', 'KLATIP', 'KLAAPR', 'QUANT')

no,this doesn`t solved my problem.

with parentheses and with IN syntax i have "this document has no pages" error

anyway i solved this problem

i put the crosstab in the detail section and need in summary :dry:

Post edited by: megotronx, at: 2007/06/28 13:47