We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Populating an input control with a database query?

sarahmei

I'm on JI 1.0.1. I want to make a multi-select text box (as opposed to a single-select dropdown) and it has to be populated by the data from a MySQL table.

I can't find either a) how to make that sort of input control or b) how to populate any input control with a SQL query.

I'm willing to go with a single-select dropdown if that's how it's gotta be, but I don't want to type in (and then keep in sync) all the names and IDs in the database tables. With a dozen reports and an average of four controls each,... that's a lot of busywork.

Any ideas? I've considered writing my own JSP, but I'm not super familiar with spring so I don't know how to integrate it into the webapp. Pointers in that direction are welcome, too.

Sarah

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Tony,

Thanks for the reply. Any plans for multi-select boxes? I realize they give you multiple values for one input parameter, which is different from the current input controls.

However, perhaps you could solve that by putting another Collection, maybe just an ArrayList, in the hash that's passed in to the report. I'd even be willing to extract all that myself inside expressions in the report.

If there are no plans for this sort of thing, perhaps you could give me some pointers on how I might reconfigure the webapp to pass in the appropriate data.

Thanks,

Sarah