We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

need advice on table border

2005 IR Help

By: David Lim - aberrant80

need advice on table border

2004-03-14 19:16

hi all,

By default, my tables would need borders. Table headers need to be wrapped in a rectangle while each table column body also needs to be inside a rectangle.

The table header should be no problem; it's just having an elementGroup containing a static text and a rectangle... correct?

But what about the table column body? Each table column field will have left and right borders. But the last line of the table would also need a bottom border. And probably, the first line needs a top border too.

The only solution I could think of was to use 4 line elements, with the top and bottom using a printWhenExpression (what exactly this should be, I have no idea yet). I somehow think this solution may be costly in terms of efficiency, because there'd a whole of lot of evaluations for large tables.

Anyone with a better idea? Please do suggest it. Any help appreciated. Thanks.

By: Manish Hatwalne - manish_hatwalne

RE: need advice on table border

2004-03-15 02:48

Overlapping rectangles might be useful, that way your second row top will share its top line with first row bottom. It loks like a better solution as compared to lines, as lines also are actaully diagonals of rectangle.

HTH,

- Manish

By: Chuck Deal - cdeal

2004-03-15 05:06

If your detail section uses two vertical lines (left and right border), then you could easily use a Group header (or column, or page) as your top line and a Group footer (or column, or page) as your bottom line.

Let the engine work for you, not against you.

By: David Lim - aberrant80

2004-03-15 18:41

So one line at bottom of column header, one line at top of column footer, 1 line each at the sides of each detail text field. Got it. Thanks!

So the lines need width=0 for vertical, height=0 for horizontal and width/height to be one more than the element width/height due to the way it's rendered?

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic