We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Solaris - jasper file as par in fillReport

2004 IR Help

By: bst05 - bsharp05

Solaris - jasper file as par in fillReport

2005-02-10 07:22

Hi,

I am having a lot of trouble trying to get jasperreports to work under a unix environment (Solaris 5.9). I am using weblogic 8.1 as my app server.

<b>Some Background Info: </b>

Initially, i was loading the .jrxml file, then compiling it using the JasperCompileManager (JasperReport jasperReport=JasperCompileManager.compileReport(jasperDesign);). This worked fine under winxp, but failed miserably when it was moved over to solaris. I realize this is because my classpath is not being resolved properly, but couldn't get this to work and tried to work around it.

<b>What i tried instead:</b>

So, instead of having to compile the report in my application itself, i realised that the JasperFillManager.fillReport method can also accept a .jasper file instead of a JasperReport object. I tried this, and it worked great....on a windows machine (where the .jasper file was created using JasperAssistant). Now, when i moved this back over to the sun server, i get a null pointer error at the following line:

JasperPrint jasperPrint = JasperFillManager.fillReport(file, parameters,conn );

Why does this happen!?!? I have verified that the file is actually there, so that's not the reason it's dying. I thought that since jasperreports is 100% java, the "comipled" jasper file should be able to run under any OS.

Is there something that I am missing?? How can I get around this problem? I have tried just about everything, and need to get this to work very soon.

Thanks,

BST.

RE: Solaris - jasper file as par in fillRepor

2005-02-11 11:23

I still haven't been able to get the reports working on solaris...

Just some more information, the report i am trying to generate has a subreport. I pass the location to the subreport's .jasper file as a parameter to the parent report so that i don't have to hardcode the location. I have verified that the file is in the correct location.

Can someone give me some hints as to how to get this to work?

Thannks.

RE: Solaris - jasper file as par in fillReport

2005-02-10 14:59

Ok. So i have got the classpath problems figured out, and am now able to compile the .jrxml file without any trouble. Unfortunately, i am still stuck at the same spot as before. It dies on the 3rd line below:

JasperDesign jasperDesign = JRXmlLoader.load(file);

JasperReport jasperReport=JasperCompileManager.compileReport(jasperDesign);

JasperPrint jasperPrint = JasperFillManager.fillReport(jasperReport, parameters,conn );

Again, this works fine under windows (dev), but dies when put on solaris (staging server).

I have the following jasperreports related jars in my classpath:

commons-beanutils-1-5.jar

commons-collections-2.1.jar

commons-digester-1.3.jar

commons-logging-1.0.2.jar

commons-logging.jar

commons-logging-api-1.0.2.jar

itext-1.01.jar

jasperreports-0.6.3.jar

jcommon-0.9.4.jar

jfreechart-0.9.19.jar

log4j-1.2.8.jar

xerces.jar

Unfortunately, there are no error messages being displayed after this either.

What is needed to get this to work under solaris!?

Please help,

BST.

By: oscar_vazquez - vazquezo

RE: Solaris - jasper file as par in fillRepor

2005-04-22 12:16

bsharp05

I have the same situation, and I hope someone could help, I will really appreciate

• 5 months later...
  • Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...