We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Arranging sub-reports

harishsundaram

Hi

I am new to jasper reports and am currently struggling with sub-reports. I'm using jasper reports 1.2.4

I have a master report with more than 20 sub-reports. However, I'm not able to make each sub-report start on a new page.

How do I make sure that each sub-report starts on a new page?

Thanks in advance,

~Harish

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 years later...

Hi,

In this particular case, what we call dummy group is actually a group that breaks with every record. Such a group, would print its header and footer with every record in the data source, thus giving you more bands to leverage as detail.

A group that breaks with every record has to have a group expression that changes with every record.

This is such an expression:

<groupExpression>$V{REPORT_COUNT}</groupExpression>

I hope this helps.
Teodor

hi teodord,

first of all thank you for replying to me,  i want to describe to you my problem, i have a JRBeanArrayDataSource that i move it to the report, this array contain details, for an example, let's say for a school's teachers and students:  name , telephone and type (student or teacher). 

so i want to print in a table(band) all the teachers then after that all the students! (it's just an example):

this is the teacher's of this school:

A  # 

B #

this is the student's list:

s #

b #

===============================================================================

now i try different idea's But i couldn't succced,

1. i think may i use groups to do so but because group need Order by in sql and i don't have an sql - am moving JRBeanArrayDataSource to ReportDataSource.

2. i thought i can use one main report and one subreport but then i face the same problem the subreport print all the students alone but the some of the teachers is printed before and after the subreport.(why?)  , i have tried to use two group footer but i face the same problem.

3. i think about using one empty main report and using two sub-reports but i face another problem that the subreports is printed on each other - i try using the "dummy group" with <groupExpression>$V{REPORT_COUNT}</groupExpression

but i don''t know what i did wrong.

please help me ASAP!

thanks in advance.