We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Building from JasperIntelligence-1.0.1a-srczip

bhaugland

I downloaded the new JasperIntelligence-1.0.1a-src.zip. Jasperserver-repo was there and working. However I get the following error when compiling.

/home/bhauglan/jaspersource1.0.1a/JasperIntelligence-1.0.1a-src/jasperserver/jasperserver-api/metadata/src/main/java/com/jaspersoft/jasperserver/api/metadata/olap/service/OlapConnectionService.java:[32,21] package mondrian.olap does not exist

/home/bhauglan/jaspersource1.0.1a/JasperIntelligence-1.0.1a-src/jasperserver/jasperserver-api/metadata/src/main/java/com/jaspersoft/jasperserver/api/metadata/olap/service/OlapConnectionService.java:[43,15] package Util does not exist

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It looks like you may not have your settings.xml set up correctly to resolve the jasperserver-repo.

The line in the <my-home-dir>/.m2/settings.xml is something like the following (on my machine):

<repositories>

<repository>

<id>jasperServer</id>

<name>Base repository for Jasper Server</name>

<url>file://C:/svn/jasperserver-repo</url>

</repository>

If jasperserver-repo is resolved... the following happens regarding OlapConnectionService.java

Line 32 has "import mondrian.olap.util;"

It is the Maven2 pom.xml file where the declaration of the jar dependencies reside. The OlapConnectionService is in the jasperserver-api/metadata directory so if we look at this pom.xml we find a reference to jpivot-1.6-RC2.jar:

<dependency>

<groupId>jpivot</groupId>

<artifactId>jpivot</artifactId>

<version>1.6-RC2</version>

</dependency>

(But we do not see a reference to mondrian directly.) So, if we move over to the jasperserver-repo, and look for jpivot, we find the jpivot-1.6-RC2.jar. Parallel to the jar, we find a ~.pom file that describes the jpivot dependencies.

In this pom file, we find a reference to mondrian-2.1.1.jar. Also, looking in jasperserver-repo we can see this mondrian jar is there. And this is where mondrian.olap.util gets resolved.

OK, that's probably more information than you asked for...

Also, there is detailed information on the build process in the ji-source-build-and-developer-guide.pdf. Also, check that your database config files are properly setup.

Let me know if the settings.xml resolves this issue.

-Tony

By the way, in case it's not obvious to others, after downloading and unpacking the jasperintelligence-1.0.1a-src.zip, there are two main directories:

jasperserver

- (all java source)

jasperserver-repo

- (jar dependencies that don't come

from the maven online repositories)

The settings helped. The build went much further this time. However I now get this error

[iNFO] [resources:resources]

[iNFO] ------------------------------------------------------------------------

[ERROR] BUILD ERROR

[iNFO] Error loading property file '/home/bhauglan/jaspersource1.0.1a/JasperIntelligence-1.0.1a-src/jasperserver/jasperserver-common-war'

Embedded error: /home/bhauglan/jaspersource1.0.1a/JasperIntelligence-1.0.1a-src/jasperserver/jasperserver-common-war (Is a directory)

Any ideas

The settings helped. The build went much further this time. However I now get this error

[iNFO] [resources:resources]

[ERROR] BUILD ERROR

[iNFO] Error loading property file '/home/bhauglan/jaspersource1.0.1a/JasperIntelligence-1.0.1a-src/jasperserver/jasperserver-common-war'

Embedded error: /home/bhauglan/jaspersource1.0.1a/JasperIntelligence-1.0.1a-src/jasperserver/jasperserver-common-war (Is a directory)

Any ideas

Hmm, this is an odd one. I haven't seen this particular error message before. Is it possible the directory itself (the js-common-war) is corrupted (ie incomplete)?

You can also cd into this directory and do a "mvn clean install" and see what happens. Perhaps there will be a more complete error message. This directory does not have any java source to compile. It is used in the creation of the final war file.

Attached is a zip of a "built" js-common-war dir from my dev env (I don't think there are any changes here since the 1.0.1 release). Also, ignore any .svn dirs in the zip. [file name=jasperserver_common_war.zip size=47434]http://www.jasperforge.org/components/com_joomlaboard/uploaded/files/jasperserver_common_war.zip[/file]

Ah, glad to hear it worked :-)

I'm just finishing up the work on jasperforge.org so that you can checkout the source from subversion (ie the 1.0.1 source). You already have this running, so it's not so interesting.

The next step will be to get the head source on jasperforge to that people can always get the most current code. We will probably do this after our next release because I have to convert over our continuous integration build and test to use this new source location.

Cheers,

-Tony