We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Error with Quarkus native and JasperReport (Java)

lfernapalacio_1

Hi all,

I'm trying to include JasperReports in a Quarkus native service (GraalVM 21.3).

However, when I try to load my jrxml in this way:

JasperCompileManager.compileReport(this.getClass().getClassLoader().getResourceAsStream("jasper/template.jrxml"));

(or load the .jasper file directly)

This is the error I get:

...023-05-10 13:26:55,789 DEBUG [net.sf.jas.eng.xml.BaseSaxParserFactory] (executor-thread-0) Instantiated SAX parser factory of type com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.jaxp.SAXParserFactoryImpl2023-05-10 13:26:55,789 DEBUG [net.sf.jas.ext.DefaultExtensionsRegistry] (executor-thread-0) Loading registries for cache key jdk.internal.loader.ClassLoaders$AppClassLoader@483bf400LogManager error of type FORMAT_FAILURE: Formatting errorHandler.reportError caught:

Yes, nothing else. No trace. Just only that message.

Version of Quarkus: 2.6.0. Version of JasperReport: 6.20.1

I have no idea how to solve this problem or where I can find any clue about that error.

Thanks in advance.

Edit (more info):

No stacktrace by default but after overriding this is the trace:

Message is Formatting errorPackage Name org.jboss.logmanager.handlersClassName org.jboss.logmanager.handlers.ConsoleHandlerjava.lang.Thread.getStackTrace(Thread.java:528)java.util.logging.Handler.reportError(Handler.java:18)org.jboss.logmanager.ExtHandler.reportError(ExtHandler.java:332)org.jboss.logmanager.handlers.WriterHandler.doPublish(WriterHandler.java:45)org.jboss.logmanager.ExtHandler.publish(ExtHandler.java:66)org.jboss.logmanager.ExtHandler.publishToNestedHandlers(ExtHandler.java:97)io.quarkus.bootstrap.logging.QuarkusDelayedHandler.doPublish(QuarkusDelayedHandler.java:80)org.jboss.logmanager.ExtHandler.publish(ExtHandler.java:66)org.jboss.logmanager.LoggerNode.publish(LoggerNode.java:334)org.jboss.logmanager.LoggerNode.publish(LoggerNode.java:341)org.jboss.logmanager.LoggerNode.publish(LoggerNode.java:341)org.jboss.logmanager.LoggerNode.publish(LoggerNode.java:341)org.jboss.logmanager.LoggerNode.publish(LoggerNode.java:341)org.jboss.logmanager.LoggerNode.publish(LoggerNode.java:341)org.jboss.logmanager.LoggerNode.publish(LoggerNode.java:341)org.jboss.logmanager.Logger.logRaw(Logger.java:750)org.jboss.logmanager.Logger.log(Logger.java:708)org.jboss.logging.JBossLogManagerLogger.doLogf(JBossLogManagerLogger.java:53)org.jboss.logging.Logger.errorf(Logger.java:1743)io.quarkus.vertx.http.runtime.QuarkusErrorHandler.handle(QuarkusErrorHandler.java:127)io.quarkus.vertx.http.runtime.QuarkusErrorHandler.handle(QuarkusErrorHandler.java:30)io.vertx.ext.web.impl.RouteState.handleFailure(RouteState.java:1199)io.vertx.ext.web.impl.RoutingContextImplBase.iterateNext(RoutingContextImplBase.java:160)io.vertx.ext.web.impl.RoutingContextWrapper.next(RoutingContextWrapper.java:201)io.vertx.ext.web.impl.RouterImpl.handleFailure(RouterImpl.java:253)io.vertx.ext.web.impl.RouteState.handleFailure(RouteState.java:1199)io.vertx.ext.web.impl.RoutingContextImplBase.iterateNext(RoutingContextImplBase.java:160)io.vertx.ext.web.impl.RoutingContextImpl.next(RoutingContextImpl.java:141)io.vertx.ext.web.impl.RoutingContextImpl.doFail(RoutingContextImpl.java:604)io.vertx.ext.web.impl.RoutingContextImpl.fail(RoutingContextImpl.java:192)io.vertx.ext.web.impl.RoutingContextImpl.fail(RoutingContextImpl.java:181)io.vertx.ext.web.impl.RoutingContextWrapper.fail(RoutingContextWrapper.java:100)io.quarkus.resteasy.runtime.standalone.VertxRequestHandler.dispatch(VertxRequestHandler.java:158)io.quarkus.resteasy.runtime.standalone.VertxRequestHandler$1.run(VertxRequestHandler.java:91)io.quarkus.vertx.core.runtime.VertxCoreRecorder$13.runWith(VertxCoreRecorder.java:543)org.jboss.threads.EnhancedQueueExecutor$Task.run(EnhancedQueueExecutor.java:2449)org.jboss.threads.EnhancedQueueExecutor$ThreadBody.run(EnhancedQueueExecutor.java:1478)org.jboss.threads.DelegatingRunnable.run(DelegatingRunnable.java:29)org.jboss.threads.ThreadLocalResettingRunnable.run(ThreadLocalResettingRunnable.java:29)io.netty.util.concurrent.FastThreadLocalRunnable.run(FastThreadLocalRunnable.java:30)java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:829)com.oracle.svm.core.thread.JavaThreads.threadStartRoutine(JavaThreads.java:600)com.oracle.svm.core.posix.thread.PosixJavaThreads.pthreadStartRoutine(PosixJavaThreads.java:192)Code is 5

Thanks.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi,

It fails with an empty JRXML too. However, discovering the JasperReports classes as GraalVM indicates, it works (with an empty JRXML). But if you use a more complex JRXML it fails because you probably need to discover fonts, images, ...

In a few days, I'll try to upload to my personal repo in Github a simple poc with Quarkus using an empty Jasper and I'll give you the link to the repo if somebody needs it.

Thanks.