We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Error when installing Jaspersoft plug-in for Eclipse

steve.cohen_1

Jasper 6.19.1, Eclipse 2021-09, Windows 10.

• I am able to start the install, then receive the following error (see image).
  • Note that many Google entries say to uncheck the "Contact all update sites during install...". I did that, but it did not work.
  • Full details of error message: 

An error occurred while collecting items to be installed
session context was:(profile=epp.package.java, phase=org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.engine.phases.Collect, operand=, action=).
Result of processing steps.
OK
OK
OK
Public key not found for -9147676190077153272.
OK
Result of processing steps.
OK
OK
OK
Public key not found for -9147676190077153272.
OK

• All the "OKs" are part of the error message, and it occurs regardless if I use http: or https:

Cheers,

-Steve

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I was able to install the plugin without issues, but of course my versions are slightly different. I'm using Eclipse 2022-09 (4.25.0) with the latest Studio (6.20.3). Is there any way you can try with more recent versions? As you may know, it doesn't really matter which version of Studio you use - it can publish to any version of JRS.

First, thanks for replying.

What we ended up trying was 2022-12 with 6.19.1 and that worked with no issues. After some further digging, it seems that the JRE, although included, was not being seen in 2021-09. Once we found it and pointed to up it cleared up the issue. But by that point we decided to stick with 2022-12 with 6.19.1.

We also noticed when installing 2022-12 Eclipse asked about items that weren't signed and would be needed, which was the first time we saw this. We accepted them all, and as noted above worked like a charm with Jasper.

Awesome! Yeah, I also had to accept the signed items thing when installing it. I think the JRE thing is interesting, but I'm glad it worked for you. I would maybe convert your response here to an actual answer so folks can see how you solved it. For what it's worth, I NEVER have really utilized our Studio plugin in Eclipse - as you may know, Jaspersoft Studio is BUILT on Eclipse...so I'm not sure what the purpose is, aside from just having all your code in the same place as Jasper report files, I suppose. Either way...good luck!