We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

LDAP and old intern Users

PhilX17
Go to solution Solved by PhilX17,

Hey, 

i installed a clean JasperServer V8.0, import all things from my old instance (Version 5.6 with ldap integration too)

After that i configure the LDAP authentication. Everything looks good. i can login with new LDAP Users!

But when i try to login with an old account which is stored too in LDAP i get the following Error:

2022-05-17T16:09:00,032 ERROR ExternalUserSetupProcessor,http-nio-8080-exec-108:169 - Error processing external user xxx: Internally defined user xxx already exists. Please contact an admin user to resolve the issue. 2022-05-17T16:09:00,032 ERROR ExternalDataSynchronizerImpl,http-nio-8080-exec-108:141 - Error during synchronization com.jaspersoft.jasperserver.api.JSException: Internally defined user xxx already exists. Please contact an admin user to resolve the issue. Arguments: 

Any Idea or Solution ?

Thanks for help

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is already an internally defined user. If you want to log in as this user as an external LDAP user, then the internal user must not exist because it will sychronize the external user and mark it as 'externally defined'. The admin user or superuser can manage users. 

Thanks for your replay.

But is there any workaround ?

Can i set the externally marker directly in the database ?
Or can i change the UserID at one place maybe from User to UserOLD, that there is no conflict and it is easy for me to transfer the old roles to the new external user.

• Solution

I found a workaround. If you have a local user which is in your LDAP too with the same "Username" then you can modify the DB. 

If you use the build in Postgres DB you must jump in the "public.jiuser" Table and set the "externallydefined"flag to "true" for all the user you want.

DB Adresse:127.0.0.1 User: postgres Pass: postgres Database: Jasperserver (This is the Default config)

Hope it helps you too.