We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Sub report within a subreport error "resource not found at subreports/"

dprogrammer

Hi Everyone,

I have a main report, main_report.jrxml which has a sub report called sub-report1.jasper and which also has a sub report called sub-subreport1.jasper. My main report is not able to find the sub report that is inside another subreport. Getting error:  "resource not fount at "subreports/sub-subreport1.jasper". 

main_report.jrxml

sub-report1.jasper

sub-subreport1.jasper

Main reports are in "MainReports" directory and sub reports are in "subreports" directory. I only have one subreports directory under MainReports which contains all sub reports including sub-subreport1.jasper.

I am passing sub report path via parameter "SUBREPORT_DIR" from main to sub and to its sub-sub. It has a value of "subreports/". 

Why is JasperStudio still not able to find the sub report that is called from another subreport?

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can write or show several images where the parameters of the addresses, the parameters of the subreports and also the information of the subreports (when they are embedded) are, there are many causes that can cause the problem.

By the way, don't use - to separate words, use _ because if you ever plan to use JasperReports Server, it doesn't recognize the -

That's what I have. Only first  level sub-report is working and sub-report inside sub-report is not working. Sub reports are linked like the following:

First sub report : SUBREPORT_DIR+ "sub-report1.jasper"

2nd level sub-report: SUBREPORT_DIR + "sub-sub-report1.jasper"