We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

ibcosoftware.jdbc.autorest.AutoRESTDriver cannot be found

Go to solution Solved by Tom C,

Hi everyone! I am trying to connect my jaspersoft studio to a database through REST conection.

I am following the next tutorial: 

with the steps:

1.- Create new data adapter.

2.- Select Database JDBC Conexion.

3.- JDBC Driver: tibcosoftware.jdbc.autorest.AutoRESTDriver

4.- JDBC Url: jdbc:tibcosoftware:autorest:AuthenticationMethod=None; config=[PATH_TO_MY_FILE_WITH_REST_URL]

I have being trying to download the TIautorest-6.jar file but i haven't being able to find it. This is the link to the TIBCO products: https://edelivery.tibco.com/storefront/aTozProductListing.ep?cID=200360

I dont know if the TIBCO Jaspersoft Connectors Software is depricated but is not listed anymore.

Plus I found this link: https://community.jaspersoft.com/documentation/tibco-jasperreports-server-administrator-guide/v750/managing-jdbc-drivers which says that the tibcosoftware.jdbc.autorest.AutoRESTDriver is installed by default.

but I am getting a  java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: tibcosoftware.jdbc.autorest.AutoRESTDriver cannot be found by net.sf.jasperreports_6.19.1.final

when I test the connection (without jar file because i couldn't found it).

Does anyone know how to conect to database through REST?

or what am I doing wrong in my configuration.

Thanks in advance

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Depending on the version of JR Server, it should already come bundled in. The AutoRest driver looks like this "TIautorest-6.0.0.004291.jar" and resides in the WEB-INF/lib directory. That is the version bundled in with the latest v8.0.0. Previous releases may have earlier versions of AutoRest driver. 

For JS Studio, do a search for TI*.jar and it should be there amongst the other drivers. (mine is in C:Program FilesTIBCOJaspersoft Studio Professional-8.0.0configurationorg.eclipse.osgi41.cplib)

Hi vchiem , thanks for your so soon response.

In deed, I have the jasperreports-server-cp-8.0.0 version but I couldnt find the "TIautorest-6.0.0.004291.jar"  neither in WEB-INF/lib directory nor anywhere. Do you know if it is possible to download this driver from the internet ??

Thanks in advance. 

• Solution

"jasperreports-server-cp-8.0.0" is a package for the open source community edition which does not contain licensed components. You will need to get a JRS commercial edition (AKA enterprise/professional edition) to use this licensed "TIautorest-6.0.0.004291.jar" through a product subscription. .