We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Attribute_ as Input Control - Query

mike.atkinson

I am attempting to build a report which identifies data by a user attribute. 

• I have created the attribute for the Jasper User ( Attribute Name = Branch | Attribute Value = Location ) 
  • I have created a Parameter at the Report and TableDataset, and linked them together ( Attribute_Branch )  - This is a reserved value, I believe.
  • I have added to the WHERE CLAUSE  :  and Branch.Description = $P!{Attribute_Branch}
  • When attempting to publish the report, I get ERROR: Input control(s): Attribute_Branch are not in the <vendor> LIbrary.

Obviously, I need to create the input control, as a Single Select Query for the attrvalue

But, I think I also need ot create the Data Source to look at the Jasper Server.

I think I can figure out the query syntax once I can read the Jasper Database.

Is my thinking correct?  Can you offer guidance on Setting up the Datasource? 

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you are trying to inject a profile attribute into a datasource definition in the datasource creation dialog it uses an attribute{} syntax.

However, it looks like you are tyring to retrieve them as the built-in parameters that are available in report and input control queries. 

You will need to uncheck isForPromprting on your parameter if you do not intend for it to have an attached input control on the server otherwise it will be expected that you attach an input control to the parameter.   Also, your parameter name syntax should be LoggedInUserAttribute_
<attribute-name>  for it to pull the profile attributes from the user.   Everything else sounds setup correctly.  Please see here in the administrator guide for reference to the built-in parameters that you can define (remember to uncheck isForPrompting for these if you create them in a report for usage)  

https://docs.tibco.com/pub/js-jrs/7.9.0/doc/pdf/TIB_js-jrs_7.9_Admin-Guide.pdf   

Chapter 5.5.2 Built-in Parameters for Query-based Input Controls

Thanks.