We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Jaspersoft Studio is using AdoptOpenJDK 11, why is the JRE for Java 1.8?

nikita_4

I have Jaspersoft Studio 6.18.1 community edition installed.

I also installed Adoptium JDK 11.0.13+8.

In "Jaspersoft Studio.ini", I see that indeed it is setup to use features/jre.win32.win32.x86_64.feature_11.0.8/adoptopenjdk_jre/bin.

Why then does Jaspersoft Studio auto-populates a new project with the JavaSE-1.8 JRE System Library and how do I get it to use Java 11 JRE libraries?

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

CE Studio 6.18.1 does have Java 11 support but it still has Java 8 support.  I think this is a matter of changing the java execution environment to point to openjdk 11 whilst still maintaining the compiler compliance level to be 1.8.

In Studio, check Windows -> Preferences -> Java  

compiler compliance level  set to 1.8 (without --release option) 
generated .class files compatibility set to 1.8

If you have "Installed JREs" option, add / select the Adopt OpenJDK 11 and  "Execution Environment" for both JavaSE-8 and JavaSE-11 to use OpenJDK 11

What about the JRE System Library that is included in a new project? It says it's JavaSE-1.8. Do I need to change it? I tried to change it to JavaSE-11, but if I try to edit it I get a "Wizart page creation failed" error (Reason: Plug-in org.eclipse.jdt.debug.ui was unable to load class org.eclipse.jdt.internal.debug.ui.jres.JREContainerWizardPage).