We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Referencing a text field in a variable?

Carm

Hello all,

So I have a report and a subreport. The subreport is feeding a variable on the main report called "MainTesting", in turn this same variable is being used in the following boolean expression in a textfield: "($V{MainTesting}!=null ?"Ready" :"Pending"). Now I need to use the result of this field (boolean expression) in another variable but I couldn't find the way how to refernce this field in the new variable and also what evaluation time should I use? CCan someone please help.

Thank you in advance for your help and preciouse time, really apprecaited.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Mariano,

Thank you for your prompt reply and sorry for the delay in my answering. I had already tried your suggestion but when I use another variable, the answer is always Pending that is, it's as if all entries are null. Don't know if this is happening due to the fact that the original variable "MainTesting" is being populated from a subreport. The only way I could make it work is to put $V{MainTesting}!=null ?"Ready" :"Pending" in a text field evalutaion time "Band" but then the problme is to use that field in another variable. 

Thank you once again for your help.