We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Problem with JSON dataset

_freeman_
Go to solution Solved by narcism,

How can I fill data from json dataset that are not part of the array?

json.jpg.54f038838c6973e1a0ad048edd9e2aa6.jpg

Only array values get filled: 

pdfreport.jpg.49ec847f1098081eccfee93c859308f2.jpg

I searching for solution without table, because I have a long text that needs to be shown, and tables not working correctly with cells on one or more pages.

I've attached test jrxml and json file.

Thank you very much.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Solution

I'm posting only the relevant part, the query and the field mappings:

<queryString language="jsonql">    <![CDATA[list.*]]></queryString><field name="keyA" class="java.lang.String">    <property name="net.sf.jasperreports.jsonql.field.expression" value="keyA"/>    <fieldDescription><![CDATA[keyA]]></fieldDescription></field><field name="keyB" class="java.lang.String">    <property name="net.sf.jasperreports.jsonql.field.expression" value="keyB"/>    <fieldDescription><![CDATA[keyB]]></fieldDescription></field><field name="keyC" class="java.lang.String">    <property name="net.sf.jasperreports.jsonql.field.expression" value="keyC"/>    <fieldDescription><![CDATA[keyC]]></fieldDescription></field><field name="Title" class="java.lang.String">    <property name="net.sf.jasperreports.jsonql.field.expression" value="^{2}.title"/>    <fieldDescription><![CDATA[Title]]></fieldDescription></field><field name="Author" class="java.lang.String">    <property name="net.sf.jasperreports.jsonql.field.expression" value="^{2}.AUTHOR"/>    <fieldDescription><![CDATA[Author]]></fieldDescription></field><field name="Date" class="java.lang.String">    <property name="net.sf.jasperreports.jsonql.field.expression" value="^{2}.DATE"/>    <fieldDescription><![CDATA[Date]]></fieldDescription></field>[/code]

Some notes:

1. If you manually change the query language, from JSON to JSONQL, you also need to adjust the field-level properties to use the proper name: net.sf.jasperreports.jsonql.field.expression

2. JSON/JSONQL expressions are case sensitive

3. The JSONQL expression "^{2}.title" implies going up 2 levels from whatever your main query item points to, then select "title"

4. If your JSON data is part of a bigger JSON tree, then you need to adjust your main query expression from "list.*" to "..list.*" which will look for the "list" key anywhere in the JSON tree

• 2 months later...