We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Configure Oracle JDBC Driver

SUDHARSANN01

I am setting up the JasperReports on our DEV environment and one of the requirement is to connect to in-house Oracle database. Since the Oracle JDBC driver is not available by default, I installed the same by uploading the ojdbc8.jar from the UI and I am able to connect to the Oracle database and generate reports.

My questions are:

1. Is this jar stored on the file system somewhere? I logged into the running container and searched for it but couldn't locate it. Is this jar stored in the database?
  2. According to Jasper Reports documentation, the jar should be placed at /buildomatic/conf_source/db/oracle/native.jdbc but I didn't place it there nor updated the default_master.properties file. But still everything was working fine.
  3. How can I make the JDBC driver available across the other environments like QA, PROD without manually adding the driver from the UI ?

Do let me know if you need any more information.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You could add it to your webserver lib directroy. 
WEBSERVER_install_PATHlib 
You will notice that the postgres and maria db driver are already avaiable in the given directory. Restart server after deploy. It could be then added to your servers classpath on start up.

"Is this jar stored on the file system somewhere? I logged into the running container and searched for it but couldn't locate it. Is this jar stored in the database?"
- Yes correct, save in your jasper's database

"According to Jasper Reports documentation, the jar should be placed at /buildomatic/conf_source/db/oracle/native.jdbc but I didn't place it there nor updated the default_master.properties file. But still everything was working fine."
- This is no install time when you want your jasperserver to run on a oracle database instead of default postgress

Hope this all helps. 
Good Luck